Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to tell if Log file edited? (Read 4073 times) previous topic - next topic

How to tell if Log file edited?

A colleague of mine owes me a complete 1:1 100% cd because I bought a stupid CD for him and gave it to him. He moves states and is buying me a CD and sent me the EAC log files.

How can I tell if he tampered with the .log files just to make his rip seem accurate? It says 100% but I'm surprised he actually managed it and doubtful.

Reply #1
Why wouldn't it be?

Reply #2
Just point CUETools to the .cue file (or to the folder containing the audio + .log, if no .cue available) and you can (re-)check the audio data against the AccurateRip and CUETools databases.

Reply #3
Create a text file and copy and paste into it:
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy\CheckLog.exe" %1

pause

(or wherever your EAC directory is)

Then change .txt to .bat and drag whatever log file into the .bat file.

Reply #4
Create a text file and copy and paste into it:
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy\CheckLog.exe" %1

pause

(or wherever your EAC directory is)

Then change .txt to .bat and drag whatever log file into the .bat file.

Sorry..this just shows every cue file I do as "This file has been modified!" It clearly does not work since none of the cue files were modified (cd's i also ripped myself).

Reply #5
Only works when the log file has a checksum appended when written.

EAC>EAC Options...>Tools tab>Append checksum to status report (checked)
EAC V1.0 beta 1 and up
korth

Reply #6
checksum is appended. but no matter what the log file is - instantly "log has been modified" when it hasn't.