Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: VFD / LCD plugin? (Read 5447 times) previous topic - next topic

VFD / LCD plugin?

I'm going to buy an Ahanix pc case(LINK), and probably the optional VFD(LINK). 

Are any vfd's or lcd's supported with a foobar 2000 plugin?  I will buy another brand lcd and figure out a way to attach it if need be. 

I want to have something like "Title, Artist, Album, Date, Track number, length"  arranged in some order on the LCD.  Having a graphical visualization would also be awesome. 

The default ahanix 2x16 character display would require scrolling to fit artist - song title, etc.

What lcds/plugins should I be looking at?

Thanks!

VFD / LCD plugin?

Reply #1
anybody?

VFD / LCD plugin?

Reply #2
nobody?

VFD / LCD plugin?

Reply #3
foo_text will output data of your choice to a text file.

Then you can probably use it with whatever program that supports this kind of lcds.

Also try searching the forums, the question has been brought up before.

VFD / LCD plugin?

Reply #5
jalcds doesn't work, nor does LCDinfo(the latter brings up garbled characters)  smartie 5.2 works... but i need a way for foobar to act like winamp when its playing a song. 

"skip screen if winamp is inactive" is an option that I would like to use:  how can I have foobar act like winamp is active when i'm playing a song, but if playback is stopped it acts like winamp is inactive?

All I need is a plugin that does this... i can use foo_text to do the rest.  any ideas?