Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Custom Columns with the New highlighting syntax (Read 7692 times) previous topic - next topic

Custom Columns with the New highlighting syntax

So, I figured I'd share some of my personal examples of what can be done with the new highlighting codes.

Similar to default "Track No' column
Shades leading zeros, highlights now playing
Code: [Select]
$if(%discnumber%,$if(%isplaying%,>>)%discnumber%.[%track%],[$ifgreater(10,%track%,<<<0>>>$if(%isplaying%,>>)$num(%track%,1),$if(%isplaying%,>>)%track%)])

Similar to default 'Title / Track artist' column
Shades contents of parentheses, highlights now playing
$if(%isplaying%,>>)$replace($if2(%title%,%filename%),'(',<<'(',')',')'>>)[' // '%track artist%]$if(%isplaying%,'<<')['   ['%queue_index%']']

What are you guys coming up with?
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #1
So cash and I just did it to highlight tracknumber : /

Reply #2
I saw that the Playing column got a built-in queue view, maybe it had before too, never really used DUI.

This is mostly for personal use, some custom tags.

Artist - Title column:
$puts(title_hl,$replace(>>>%title%,'(',<<<<<<'(',')',')>>>>>>>>'))$if(%release%,$get(title_hl),%artist% - $get(title_hl)))

Rating column:
<$repeat(★>,$meta(rating)) $if($meta(fav),>>>♪)
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #3
Nothing fancy, but:

Rating in highlight color dots:
>>$if(%rating%,$repeat(•,%rating%))<<

Title / Track Artist, but with shaded Track Artist:
%title%[<<' // '%track artist%>>]

And a "service" column: Hihglighted "!" if there is a non-replaygained track:
>>>$if(%__replaygain_track_gain%,,!)<<<

I just need it in my "new items" playlist, but it is so thin that it can stay activated everywhere. Could also be added to another column but I like to keep things separated.

Oh, this one I like: %play_count% shaded depending on the value. From 1 (light background) until 10 (default text color) the text becomes darker:
$ifgreater(%play_count%,9,%play_count%,$select(%play_count%,<<<1>>>,<<<2>>>,<<<3>>>,<<4>>,<<5>>,<<6>>,<7>,<8>,<9>))

Reply #4
How can I add Ojdo`s play_count code and Shakey´s codes together ?
Meaning I'd like to stuck them in a same column if possible, I can't figure out how to make it work.

Reply #5
Just append one after another, what doesn't seem to work?
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #6
Oh, this one I like: %play_count% shaded depending on the value. From 1 (light background) until 10 (default text color) the text becomes darker:
$ifgreater(%play_count%,9,%play_count%,$select(%play_count%,<<<1>>>,<<<2>>>,<<<3>>>,<<4>>,<<5>>,<<6>>,<7>,<8>,<9>))

Thanks!

In my setup I use previously mentioned highlighting for "// %artist%", dimming for "(parens)" and my rating column (notes for ratings 1-4, heart for rating 5):
$if(%rating%,$ifequal(%rating%,5,>>>?<<<,$repeat(>,$sub(%rating%,2))$char($add(9832,%rating%))$repeat(<,$sub(%rating%,2))), )

Reply #7
<%artist%> %title%

shows contrasting colours for both artist and title when selected and not selected. no problem.

but if you use

>%artist%< %title%

both artist and title are shown as the same colour when selected. non selected items show contrasting colours as you'd expect. is this by design or not?

screenshot:

Reply #8
Just append one after another, what doesn't seem to work?

I guess I did something wrong the first time.. works fine now

Reply #9
That's the snytax of my "Track Artist ● Title"-Column

$if(%isplaying%,>[%track artist% $char(8226) ]$replace(%title%,'(',<<<'(',')',')'>>>)<,[%track artist% $char(8226) ]$replace(%title%,'(',<<'(',')',')'>>))

It's bad, like marc2003 mentioned before, that highlight isn't visible on selected tracks.

That is how it looks (and should look):

And that is how it looks if the now-playling-highlighted track is selected:

Reply #10
In several color themes highlight and selection color are the same or very similar. So you'd get invisible or near text if that were to happen.

This won't be changed.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #11
...and so the cycle begins anew as foobar2000 users begin to clutter their formatting scripts once again... ;

Reply #12
At least they're portable now.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #13
In several color themes highlight and selection color are the same or very similar. So you'd get invisible or near text if that were to happen.

I guess I don't understand. I tried every color theme. Highlighted text, if selected, is everytime only black or white, while dimmed text is real dimmed if selected. Maybe I explained it a little bit incomprehensible, so I added two screenshots to my last posting. 

Reply #15
As per the topic title:
Preferences->Display-> Default User Interface->Playlist View->Custom Columns->Pattern [column]

I guess I should have mentioned it in the OP.
elevatorladylevitateme