Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Simulating some headphone's sound with another one (Read 4554 times) previous topic - next topic

Simulating some headphone's sound with another one

See this thread for a new utility to perform this job.

It essentially designs an equalization filter to change the frequency response of one headphone to match that of another one. This includes only the linear effects (i.e. harmonic distortion is not handled, as there are no suitable measurements publicly available - also, phase distortion is not corrected for). The measurements are made using a dummy head, and are therefore not too accurate in many cases - especially there is little hope to the any of the big headphones simulated properly. The only measurements that can be assumed to be reasonably precise are those of IEMs.

When you're testing this with your gear, it would be good to keep track of which ones are measured reasonably well (if you have a cheap product and it sounds great when mapped to a high-end one, both are probably measured well).

Please post responses in this thread (the other is just to keep track of the upload).

Reply #1
I'm having trouble running runtime: "Error reading setup initialization file"
Can you post your Matlab script?

Reply #2
I'm having trouble running runtime: "Error reading setup initialization file"
Can you post your Matlab script?

This may be due to a broken download (according to google - maybe that file hoster is not so great, after all...) or your OS might be unsupported for some reason.
I have replaced the above links by another version of both the installer and the utility (MCR version 7.13) - please re-try that.

PS: Sorry, I used some code in there which I can unfortunately not release as open source at this point. It's not too difficult though (nice exercise ;-).

Reply #3
Yeah, I was interested more in your script
But error is also real, so I thought to ask
I downloaded with browser without any error report, but 7z reported broken CRC when I tried to unpack MSInstaller file

Code: [Select]
filename                filesize        CRC             MD5
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MCRInstaller.exe       11,217,458       CC011EDB        644D6DE86D0228D5A044A126012D9F64
MCRInstaller-7.13.exe   8,502,233       F8700E74        4A3F2C58652EAA41CBE2DF1CFCD396FB

Thanks for your effort, but it's also same with new link
I hope others can run it fine

[edit] tabs to spaces

Reply #4
Yeah, I was interested more in your script
But error is also real, so I thought to ask
I downloaded with browser without any error report, but 7z reported broken CRC when I tried to unpack MSInstaller file

Code: [Select]
filename                filesize        CRC             MD5
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MCRInstaller.exe       11,217,458       CC011EDB        644D6DE86D0228D5A044A126012D9F64
MCRInstaller-7.13.exe   8,502,233       F8700E74        4A3F2C58652EAA41CBE2DF1CFCD396FB

Thanks for your effort, but it's also same with new link
I hope others can run it fine

[edit] tabs to spaces

Well, the file is 170,869,888 bytes or ~163MiB / 166MB... I could download it without error (using Firefox), but maybe your line is too slow.
If anyone is willing to re-host it (it is freely redistributable), that would be nice!

Reply #5
So it's a browser problem..., but anyway 166MB seems like way too much to me, to justify that to myself and run Matlab program when I already have Matlab

I'll try to learn something from your foo_splineeq and Voxengo influence