Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help with banned account (Read 4461 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with banned account

I was hoping to receive some help with my account. As far as I know I've been in good standing four about a year or so. I tried to login today and I received this message. "Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum! Don't bother registering if you don't want us to email you. This ban is not set to expire." I am ok with email! ;)

I made a temp account through a proxy so I was able to post this message and will delete this account immediately. I wasn't sure how to get a hold of an Administrator. When I logged in from another IP it went straight to the same message.

My original account registered in 2016 was under the username Riverstorm.

Thank you!

Re: Help with banned account

Reply #1
Ban disabled. But you'll have to ask Sendgrid to unflag your mail account. It auto bounces all mail targeting it, as it has apparently reported our forum mailer for sending it spam.

Reply #2
Ban disabled. But you'll have to ask Sendgrid to unflag your mail account. It auto bounces all mail targeting it, as it has apparently reported our forum mailer for sending it spam.

Thank you Kode for the help I really appreciate it! How would I contact Sendgrid? I was looking at the front page and I don't see him in the staff list.

Reply #3
Lol! Sendgrid is not a person; it's the e-mail service in use by HA for a year or so. But I must agree it sounds like a teutonic name! :D 

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know how to do the unflagging kode54 told you about. But I thought this would at least put you on the right track until he or someone else chimes in.

Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #5
As far as my lack of knowledge of SMTP goes methinks you'd better wait calmly for someone else more conversant (better: @kode54 ) to come to your rescue.
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #6
It apparently only happens if one of our messages ended up in the Spam folder, or got moved to the Spam folder, on a service such as Yahoo, G-Mail, Microsoft Mail, etc.