Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Magic file copying snakeoil (Read 6791 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Magic file copying snakeoil

Reply #26
As far as digital data storage/copying works, until data integrity is maintained (by CRC and other standard error correcting mechanisms - like in general data), the digital path could not be a cause of described phenomenons. If the data integrity is not maintained then the storage subsystem has a problem and the user will have issues with other files too, not only with audio.

I guess reading the comments around here that make no sense in the light of that true factoid, the ludicrousness of worrying about bit rot on modern error-detecting, error-correcting media is both obvious to some of us and bears repeating to the great unwashed.

Reply #27
I found the thread starter at Head-Fi, WindowsX already is part of the bits are never the same elite and already reached Superpowers cetification. Identical File hearers
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #29
Did he forget Barry Diament?
He surely is listed as Barry D
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #31
Ok, you might be used to the increasing preponderance of audiophile snakeoil turning up on computers (jplayer, anyone?), but this one temporarily deprived me of the ability to speak:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/817872/testing-changes-that-could-affect-audio-performance-with-different-file-copying-software

Surely no-one can be that dishonest/stupid? It has to be trolling, right? <whimpers>

Head-fi is at again I see.

I stopped using it a long time ago but I bet you there's a wav vs flac thread somewhere there too.