Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_musicbrainz vs foo_musicbrainz64 jockey (Read 734 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_musicbrainz vs foo_musicbrainz64 jockey

Hi,

just for somebody who cares (and maybe can change) (maybe grimes?):

if those components are installed concurrent
foo_musicbrainz.dll (2023-02-23 21:51:48 UTC) MusicBrainz Tagger 0.5.0
foo_musicbrainz64.dll (2023-04-04 00:29:06 UTC) MusicBrainz64 1.2.9

fb2k 2.0 preview 2023-06-14 shows strange behaviour:

foo_musicbrainz64.dll (which sits in Tools, not Tools/Tagging) "steals" the configuration menu of foo_musicbrainz.dll.

which looks this way, without foo_musicbrainz64.dll installed.

Also, both context menu refer to the same keyboard shortcuts (I initially defined only for foo_musicbrainz.dll)

When starting foo_musicbrainz64.dll by the context menu, foo_musicbrainz.dll is started instead.

Cheers!

Re: foo_musicbrainz vs foo_musicbrainz64 jockey

Reply #1
I guess this is my fault for not updating internal IDs when releasing foo_musicbrainz64.

It wasn't an issue at time of release because the "official" component was 32bit only but now it has been updated and things are borked if both are installed. You should just bin the 64bit mod and use the original.

Tbh, I expected far worse things to happen than the buggy behavior you're reporting. I thought it would have crashed,

Reply #2
Thanks for the reply!
I was wondering, because there were no info (at least I could'nt find) anywhere in sight which told the difference between those two components.
The config-screens seem different and the version numbers were completely incoherent to me, I just thought, it could be like the discogs and discogger components, which we can use at the same time with slightly different usage.

The setting for foo_musicbrainz64.dll named "write standard tags" just gave me hope for a second, it would be possible to write "picard like" tags to my files...

Anyway, thanks for clarifying.

Reply #3
FYI, the standard tags option in MB64 is just bog standard metadata like album/artist/title/tracknumber etc. I added the option mainly for myself because I generally have correct tags already and don't want them touched but I do want the extra info/MBIDs from musicbrainz.