Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: In dire need of an Audio duplicate file finder*that uses acoustic fingerprinting (Read 1143 times) previous topic - next topic

In dire need of an Audio duplicate file finder*that uses acoustic fingerprinting

in the process of archiving/remixing band files from long ago, when I just started out. My tagging/naming skills were non existent, so Ive got a lot of duplicates.  ive tried myriad "duplicate file finders" but none of them were up to par.  Need an app with acoustic fingerprinting, specifically, or something 100% accurate.  these janky free apps aint cutting it.

or tell me how to do it with command line, powershell?. (im not very fluent in computer nerd, but ill give it a go) thank yall!!
No.

Re: In dire need of an Audio duplicate file finder*that uses acoustic fingerprinting

Reply #3
Janky free apps are likely working as intended, they'll just find exact file duplicates and probably aren't intended specifically for audio files (changing a tag will change the file, no match). If you're dealing fully with lossless (probably flac) and haven't remixed as in changed the waveform, then maybe a matcher that uses the raw audio MD5 would do a decent job. Otherwise I guess something like birdie suggests is the way forwards.