Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC - Error in CUE sheet: ISRC string contains illegal characters in l (Read 4286 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC - Error in CUE sheet: ISRC string contains illegal characters in l

Why does EAC generate a CUE sheet with "ISRC 000000000000" and afterwards, while trying to burn this CUE sheet, gives the error message "ISRC string contains illegal characters in line XY"???   

Of course everybody will tell me that I should just delete the ISRC lines or even better disable the 'Retrieve UPC/ ISRC codes in CUE sheet generation' (EAC Options--> Tools) because these codes are useless... but nevertheless, why does EAC simply not accept self created 0 values? Clearly a bug it seems... How many people do have to waist hours to fix this "minor" problem by surfing around like me... 

Reply #1
Why does EAC generate a CUE sheet with "ISRC 000000000000" and afterwards, while trying to burn this CUE sheet, gives the error message "ISRC string contains illegal characters in line XY"???   

Of course everybody will tell me that I should just delete the ISRC lines or even better disable the 'Retrieve UPC/ ISRC codes in CUE sheet generation' (EAC Options--> Tools) because these codes are useless... but nevertheless, why does EAC simply not accept self created 0 values? Clearly a bug it seems... How many people do have to waist hours to fix this "minor" problem by surfing around like me... 

Yeah, known problem, a forum search might have helped.  Nevertheless I agree, it's one thing to create cue sheets that contain these "illegal" characters, it's another to act up when burning from such a cue.  I guess as long as EAC remains semi-dead we won't see a fix anytime soon.  Unfortunately, as long as dbPoweramp remains incapable of creating CUEs we're kind of without any alternatives.  Why even XLD can create cues is beyond me, but that's also beyond this scope's topic.  Anyways. Delete the lines, burn and enjoy.

ff

Reply #2
I'm guessing you're using a Lite-On.  Try a different drive that doesn't give EAC these problems.

Reply #3
I'm guessing you're using a Lite-On.  Try a different drive that doesn't give EAC these problems.

Yes greynol, your guessing is (once more) correct.

Do you know whether this problem is linked with the reading or the writing only? If it's "only" a writing problem than at least my database can remain as is, otherwise I'll have to check every cue file one by one and delete the lines causing EAC to refuse to burn.

Burrrn could be an alternative but there is no way to set the proper write offset (if I am not wrong) so finally I wouldn't get my exact copies I suppose...

Thanks!