Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #8] Delusional or troll, take your pick (Read 93716 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: FLAC sounds better with John33's version than NetRanger's version?

Reply #27
That just treats the symptoms. He’d be better served through ongoing behavioral therapy and a few courses in critical thinking and science.

Reply #28
There. Satisfied?

Yes.  Invert/mixpaste of one onto the other yields total cancellation.

I'm satisfied that you're imagining a difference.

You were asked for listening test logs, though.  These aren't those.

Reply #29
@ManInTheDark It's like saying that fonts are less crisp in one word-file than in another identical file. Just makes no sense.

Reply #30
Have you read what has been said in this thread? The two files are 100% identical. There is absolutely no way they could sound different since there is nothing different about them.

I guess your hearing must suck, your equipment is crap, or a combination of the two (I go for the last one). Mine is golden.

BTW: Greynol has proven that he's nothing but a motherf**king bully masquerading as a so-called moderator.

Reply #31
I guess your hearing must suck, your equipment is crap, or a combination of the two (I go for the last one). Mine is golden.
You really aren't getting this are you. It doesn't matter the equipment anyone is playing it on, if the source files are identical in every way (checksum, file compare, internal FLAC checksum) then they can't be the source of any sound difference. You'll need to look elsewhere in your playback chain.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #32
Ah, let him be, he thinks that 81 divided by 9 will give different result depending on who wrote it on the blackboard.
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #33

Maybe its not your hearing, that is the problem
but something in between your ears.
& that really needs to be checked out.

Reply #34
Wow. The two best audiophile tropes:
       --My ears and gears are way better than yours.
       --You're picking on me

Reply #35
Nice another audiophile who thinks he hear a difference on Flac and hi res. lol
Got locked out on a password i didn't remember. :/

Reply #36

You mean another audiophool?

There goes another one back to whichever placebophile community/coven he belongs to - wherein his wild goose chase is warmly welcomed - to report on his incursion into the "land of the heathen" that we lot probably are to them. :))
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #37
BTW: Greynol has proven that he's nothing but a motherf**king bully masquerading as a so-called moderator.
dbl
nonono! if you really "did a listening test to see whether I could tell the difference between the two", please take this: http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=ABX
and give us result.
if not - ManInTheDark is a lier.
moderators to matter! :)

Reply #38
Dealing with the people in this thread is a waste of time.
He’s since found some time to waste.

Reply #39
Errr ... no. He "hears" difference between two bit-identical files.

I don't mean "files which decode to the same signal". I mean two files that only differ in filenames.

Code: [Select]
PS C:\tmp> certUtil -hashfile '.\01. John33_Court and Spark (featuring Norah Jones).flac' SHA512
SHA512 hash of .\01. John33_Court and Spark (featuring Norah Jones).flac:
13eb3706873a4201e5b325ea17dcb01746ca26b5776b6795c9591f3335e551e2031fcd12ebf3dc33b68c31cfbae469df8eb75df0516ef9d7b6cc6c4bd638b49b
CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully.
PS C:\tmp> certutil -hashfile '.\01. NetRanger_Court and Spark (featuring Norah Jones).flac' SHA512
SHA512 hash of .\01. NetRanger_Court and Spark (featuring Norah Jones).flac:
13eb3706873a4201e5b325ea17dcb01746ca26b5776b6795c9591f3335e551e2031fcd12ebf3dc33b68c31cfbae469df8eb75df0516ef9d7b6cc6c4bd638b49b

If SHA512 isn't good enough (spoiler: it is!), I did a bitcompare ... see attachment.

Reply #40
By the way, part of me thinks this thread should rather be stickied than binned.

Reply #41
Errr ... no. He "hears" difference between two bit-identical files.

I don't mean "files which decode to the same signal". I mean two files that only differ in filenames.

Code: [Select]
PS C:\tmp> certUtil -hashfile '.\01. John33_Court and Spark (featuring Norah Jones).flac' SHA512
SHA512 hash of .\01. John33_Court and Spark (featuring Norah Jones).flac:
PS C:\tmp> certutil -hashfile '.\01. NetRanger_Court and Spark (featuring Norah Jones).flac' SHA512
SHA512 hash of .\01. NetRanger_Court and Spark (featuring Norah Jones).flac:

If SHA512 isn't good enough (spoiler: it is!), I did a bitcompare ... see attachment.

I know flac is the same no matter what, i more poking at that his test wav was high res.
Got locked out on a password i didn't remember. :/

Reply #42
how come this thread and user still exist
:thinking_face:
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed

Reply #43
Have you read what has been said in this thread? The two files are 100% identical. There is absolutely no way they could sound different since there is nothing different about them.

You are whats wrong with the opionated uneducated masses.
For some reasone your think that opnions + ignorance rates higher than facts + knowledge.

You have been proven wrong and at the same time not lifted any shadow of evidence for your claim.

Sven Bent - Denmark

Reply #45
If you are going to keep this thread alive, at least change the topic to what it is, so people who find it in the future don't waste much time with it.

"Bit Identical files that sound different? (false)"

This thread is more of an entertainment than anything else. Reminds me of a quote from Billy Madison, which I will not put here.

Reply #47
Don't make me reach back there!

:))

[TOS #8] Delusional or troll, take your pick

Reply #48
Global FYI: I tested, at random, music files of all types (i.e 44/16, 44/24, 96.24), and always came up with the same result: Raw WAV/AIFF always kicking standard verions of the FLAC encoder. John33's version doesn't have that problem. Why is that? Maybe he uses better tools to compile his stuff than everybody else.

But, to certain arrogant f*cks here, all that matters is getting there in a Mercedes Benz & not in a Toyota Corolla. And whatever they think about something is what it's supposed to be just because they say so. The very definition of pathetic arrogance. In any case, John33 definitely has skills, and better tools, to create his stuff. I'll stick with his FLAC encoder. You babies can use whatever you want to use. Message me when you grow the f*ck up & become adults.

Re: [TOS #8] Delusional or troll, take your pick

Reply #49
But, to certain arrogant f*cks here, all that matters is getting there in a Mercedes Benz & not in a Toyota Corolla. And whatever they think about something is what it's supposed to be just because they say so. The very definition of pathetic arrogance. In any case, John33 definitely has skills, and better tools, to create his stuff. I'll stick with his FLAC encoder. You babies can use whatever you want to use. Message me when you grow the f*ck up & become adults.

Maybe you should change your signature from
"Don't hate me 'cause I have spectacular hearing..."
to "Don't hate me 'cause I talk some spectacular Crap..."