Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Easiest way to make foobar pull existing cover art (Read 1017 times) previous topic - next topic

Easiest way to make foobar pull existing cover art

I've been ripping a lot of my cds and I pull cover art from the internet, like everyone else.  I noticed however the name of all my cover art is the name of the artist/album rather than cover or front.  Since I only add the cover art, is there a way to make foobar recognize all the art, within a sub folder for the respective albums.  My best guess is there might be an option to tag and jpgs or pngs automatically with a command in the album art section, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to add

If I can't it won't be the end of the world, I'll just have to rename every single jpg.  If that's the case, is there a way to change the name of cover art automatically in EAC?

Re: Easiest way to make foobar pull existing cover art

Reply #1
You can simply add custom search patterns in preferences -> display

I just added *%album%*front*.jpg as first entry (see attached pic) and it works fine.

Cheers!

[edit]
Maybe in your case *%artist%*%album%*.jpg could work.
The asterisk (*) is a wildcard for any arbitrary character(s).
[/edit]

Re: Easiest way to make foobar pull existing cover art

Reply #2
You can simply add custom search patterns in preferences -> display

I just added *%album%*front*.jpg as first entry (see attached pic) and it works fine.

Cheers!

[edit]
Maybe in your case *%artist%*%album%*.jpg could work.
The asterisk (*) is a wildcard for any arbitrary character(s).
[/edit]

Oooo, the edit works perfectly, just had to add files/ to enter the sub directory.  I was groaning at the thought of having to edit  every cover picture