Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: aoTuV Patches, Vorbis 1.3.5 and Lancer (Read 58258 times) previous topic - next topic

aoTuV Patches, Vorbis 1.3.5 and Lancer

I have made a few patches for aoTuV b6.03 (2015) that I would like to share.

The patches apply to the official aoTuV sources and must be applied in order.
The patches are used in the Vorbis codec included with fre:ac 20150725. Maybe someone like Rjamorim or lvqcl can compile binaries for other tools using these patches.

Edit: Updated the patches to apply to aoTuV b6.03 (2015). The original post had patches for the 2014 aoTuV release. Note that there is no need to build new binaries if you already built using the original patches.
Edit2: Updated the first patch again on 20150928 to fix a bug in ov_read/ov_read_filter in libvorbisfile. See post #50 and following for details.
Edit3: Updated the first patch again on 20161217 to fix a bug when compiling with --disable-shared. See post #71 and following for details.
Edit4: Updated the first patch again on 20171024 to fix more bugs when compiling with different settings. See post #75 and following for details.

Reply #1
well done enzo, hope the usual suspects hear your call

Reply #2
I'll try to get to these in the next day, or two.

Reply #3
Build fails here (Ubuntu 14.04, x86_64, GCC 4.8.4). Standard AoTuV without the patches builds fine.

Here is the full log:
Code: [Select]
$ cd /tmp

/tmp $ curl -s 'http://www.geocities.jp/aoyoume/aotuv/source_code/libvorbis-aotuv_b6.03_2014.tar.bz2' | tar -xj

/tmp $ cd aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429

/tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429 $ curl -s 'https://freac.org/patches/libvorbis-aotuv_b6.03_2014-1.3.5.patch' | patch -p1
patching file examples/seeking_example.c
patching file lib/barkmel.c
patching file lib/block.c
patching file lib/codebook.c
patching file lib/codebook.h
patching file lib/floor0.c
patching file lib/floor1.c
patching file lib/info.c
patching file lib/lsp.c
patching file lib/mapping0.c
patching file lib/misc.h
patching file lib/os.h
patching file lib/res0.c
patching file lib/sharedbook.c
patching file lib/synthesis.c
patching file lib/vorbisenc.c
patching file lib/vorbisfile.c

/tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429 $ curl -s 'https://freac.org/patches/libvorbis-aotuv_b6.03_2014-1.3.5-lancer.patch' | patch -p1
patching file configure
patching file configure.ac
patching file lib/Makefile.am
patching file lib/Makefile.in
patching file lib/block.c
patching file lib/cpu.c
patching file lib/envelope.c
patching file lib/floor1.c
patching file lib/info.c
patching file lib/mapping0.c
patching file lib/mdct.c
patching file lib/mdct.h
patching file lib/misc.h
patching file lib/psy.c
patching file lib/psy.h
patching file lib/sharedbook.c
patching file lib/smallft.c
patching file lib/vorbisfile.c
patching file lib/window.c
patching file lib/xmmlib.c
patching file lib/xmmlib.h
patching file win32/VS2010/libvorbis/libvorbis_dynamic.vcxproj
patching file win32/VS2010/libvorbis/libvorbis_static.vcxproj
patching file win32/vorbis.def
patching file win32/vorbisenc.def
patching file win32/vorbisfile.def

/tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429 $ curl -s 'https://freac.org/patches/libvorbis-aotuv_b6.03_2014-lancer-x64.patch' | patch -p1
patching file lib/psy.h
patching file lib/xmmlib.c
patching file lib/xmmlib.h

/tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429 $ chmod +x configure

/tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429 $ CFLAGS='-fno-strict-aliasing -march=native' ./configure --prefix=/opt/aotuv --disable-static
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking target system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
checking for inline... inline
checking how to print strings... printf
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes
checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes
checking how to convert x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu file names to x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu format... func_convert_file_noop
checking how to convert x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu file names to toolchain format... func_convert_file_noop
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for objdump... objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for dlltool... dlltool
checking how to associate runtime and link libraries... printf %s\n
checking for ar... ar
checking for archiver @FILE support... @
checking for strip... strip
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for sysroot... no
checking for mt... mt
checking if mt is a manifest tool... no
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking GCC version... 4.8
checking if gcc accepts -Wdeclaration-after-statement... yes
checking for memory.h... (cached) yes
checking for cos in -lm... yes
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
checking for OGG... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for working alloca.h... yes
checking for alloca... yes
checking for working memcmp... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating m4/Makefile
config.status: creating lib/Makefile
config.status: creating lib/modes/Makefile
config.status: creating lib/books/Makefile
config.status: creating lib/books/coupled/Makefile
config.status: creating lib/books/uncoupled/Makefile
config.status: creating lib/books/floor/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/vorbisfile/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/vorbisenc/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/libvorbis/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Doxyfile
config.status: creating include/Makefile
config.status: creating include/vorbis/Makefile
config.status: creating examples/Makefile
config.status: creating test/Makefile
config.status: creating vq/Makefile
config.status: creating libvorbis.spec
config.status: creating vorbis.pc
config.status: creating vorbisenc.pc
config.status: creating vorbisfile.pc
config.status: creating vorbis-uninstalled.pc
config.status: creating vorbisenc-uninstalled.pc
config.status: creating vorbisfile-uninstalled.pc
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing depfiles commands
config.status: executing libtool commands

/tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429 $ make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: entrant dans le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429 »
Making all in m4
make[2]: entrant dans le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/m4 »
make[2]: Rien à faire pour « all ».
make[2]: quittant le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/m4 »
Making all in include
make[2]: entrant dans le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/include »
Making all in vorbis
make[3]: entrant dans le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/include/vorbis »
make[3]: Rien à faire pour « all ».
make[3]: quittant le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/include/vorbis »
make[3]: entrant dans le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/include »
make[3]: Rien à faire pour « all-am ».
make[3]: quittant le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/include »
make[2]: quittant le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/include »
Making all in vq
make[2]: entrant dans le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/vq »
make[2]: Rien à faire pour « all ».
make[2]: quittant le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/vq »
Making all in lib
make[2]: entrant dans le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/lib »
Making all in modes
make[3]: entrant dans le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/lib/modes »
make[3]: Rien à faire pour « all ».
make[3]: quittant le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/lib/modes »
Making all in books
make[3]: entrant dans le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/lib/books »
Making all in coupled
make[4]: entrant dans le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/lib/books/coupled »
make[4]: Rien à faire pour « all ».
make[4]: quittant le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/lib/books/coupled »
Making all in uncoupled
make[4]: entrant dans le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/lib/books/uncoupled »
make[4]: quittant le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/lib/books/uncoupled »
Making all in floor
make[4]: entrant dans le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/lib/books/floor »
make[4]: quittant le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/lib/books/floor »
make[4]: entrant dans le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/lib/books »
make[4]: Rien à faire pour « all-am ».
make[4]: quittant le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/lib/books »
make[3]: quittant le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/lib/books »
make[3]: entrant dans le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/lib »
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT mdct.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mdct.Tpo -c -o mdct.lo mdct.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT mdct.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mdct.Tpo -c mdct.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/mdct.o
mv -f .deps/mdct.Tpo .deps/mdct.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT smallft.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/smallft.Tpo -c -o smallft.lo smallft.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT smallft.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/smallft.Tpo -c smallft.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/smallft.o
smallft.c: In function `rftfsub':
smallft.c:5436:40: warning: unused parameter `nc' [-Wunused-parameter]
 STIN void rftfsub(int n, float *a, int nc, float *w)
                                        ^
smallft.c: In function `rdft':
smallft.c:5536:6: warning: variable `nw' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
  int nw, nc;
      ^
smallft.c: In function `cft1st':
smallft.c:4867:8: warning: `XMM0' is used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
  XMM0  = _mm_loadl_pi(XMM0, (__m64*)(a  ));
        ^
smallft.c:4868:8: warning: `XMM2' is used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
  XMM2  = _mm_loadl_pi(XMM2, (__m64*)(a+ 2));
        ^
smallft.c:4884:8: warning: `XMM4' is used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
  XMM4  = _mm_loadl_pi(XMM4, (__m64*)(a+ 8));
        ^
smallft.c:4885:8: warning: `XMM5' is used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
  XMM5  = _mm_loadl_pi(XMM5, (__m64*)(a+10));
        ^
mv -f .deps/smallft.Tpo .deps/smallft.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT block.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/block.Tpo -c -o block.lo block.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT block.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/block.Tpo -c block.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/block.o
block.c: In function `vorbis_synthesis_blockin':
block.c:955:3: warning: passing argument 2 of `vorbis_synthesis_blockin_pmadd' discards `const' qualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
  vorbis_synthesis_blockin_pmadd(pcm, w, p, n1);
  ^
block.c:848:11: note: expected `float *' but argument is of type `const float *'
 STIN void vorbis_synthesis_blockin_pmadd(float *pcm, float *w, float *p, long count)
          ^
block.c:961:3: warning: passing argument 2 of `vorbis_synthesis_blockin_pmadd' discards `const' qualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
  vorbis_synthesis_blockin_pmadd(pcm, w, p, n0);
  ^
block.c:848:11: note: expected `float *' but argument is of type `const float *'
 STIN void vorbis_synthesis_blockin_pmadd(float *pcm, float *w, float *p, long count)
          ^
block.c:969:3: warning: passing argument 2 of `vorbis_synthesis_blockin_pmadd' discards `const' qualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
  ^
          ^
block.c:976:3: warning: passing argument 2 of `vorbis_synthesis_blockin_pmadd' discards `const' qualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
  ^
          ^
mv -f .deps/block.Tpo .deps/block.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT envelope.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/envelope.Tpo -c -o envelope.lo envelope.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT envelope.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/envelope.Tpo -c envelope.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/envelope.o
mv -f .deps/envelope.Tpo .deps/envelope.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT window.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/window.Tpo -c -o window.lo window.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT window.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/window.Tpo -c window.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/window.o
mv -f .deps/window.Tpo .deps/window.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT lsp.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/lsp.Tpo -c -o lsp.lo lsp.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT lsp.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/lsp.Tpo -c lsp.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/lsp.o
mv -f .deps/lsp.Tpo .deps/lsp.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT lpc.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/lpc.Tpo -c -o lpc.lo lpc.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT lpc.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/lpc.Tpo -c lpc.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/lpc.o
mv -f .deps/lpc.Tpo .deps/lpc.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT analysis.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/analysis.Tpo -c -o analysis.lo analysis.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT analysis.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/analysis.Tpo -c analysis.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/analysis.o
mv -f .deps/analysis.Tpo .deps/analysis.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT synthesis.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/synthesis.Tpo -c -o synthesis.lo synthesis.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT synthesis.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/synthesis.Tpo -c synthesis.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/synthesis.o
mv -f .deps/synthesis.Tpo .deps/synthesis.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT psy.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/psy.Tpo -c -o psy.lo psy.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT psy.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/psy.Tpo -c psy.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/psy.o
psy.c: In function `bark_noise_hybridmp':
psy.c:1216:16: warning: unused parameter `tf' [-Wunused-parameter]
        float *tf){
                ^
mv -f .deps/psy.Tpo .deps/psy.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT info.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/info.Tpo -c -o info.lo info.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT info.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/info.Tpo -c info.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/info.o
mv -f .deps/info.Tpo .deps/info.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT floor1.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/floor1.Tpo -c -o floor1.lo floor1.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT floor1.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/floor1.Tpo -c floor1.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/floor1.o
mv -f .deps/floor1.Tpo .deps/floor1.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT floor0.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/floor0.Tpo -c -o floor0.lo floor0.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT floor0.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/floor0.Tpo -c floor0.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/floor0.o
mv -f .deps/floor0.Tpo .deps/floor0.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT res0.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/res0.Tpo -c -o res0.lo res0.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT res0.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/res0.Tpo -c res0.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/res0.o
mv -f .deps/res0.Tpo .deps/res0.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT mapping0.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mapping0.Tpo -c -o mapping0.lo mapping0.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT mapping0.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mapping0.Tpo -c mapping0.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/mapping0.o
In file included from misc.h:55:0,
                from os.h:27,
                from bitrate.h:23,
                from codec_internal.h:59,
                from mapping0.c:24:
mapping0.c: In function `_mm_max_horz':
xmmlib.h:209:5: warning: `y' is used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
  y  = _mm_movehl_ps(y, x);
    ^
mv -f .deps/mapping0.Tpo .deps/mapping0.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT registry.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/registry.Tpo -c -o registry.lo registry.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT registry.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/registry.Tpo -c registry.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/registry.o
mv -f .deps/registry.Tpo .deps/registry.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT codebook.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/codebook.Tpo -c -o codebook.lo codebook.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT codebook.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/codebook.Tpo -c codebook.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/codebook.o
codebook.c:81:6: warning: return type defaults to `int' [-Wreturn-type]
 STIN vorbis_oggpack_write(oggpack_buffer *b, unsigned long value, int bits)
      ^
codebook.c: In function `vorbis_book_decodevv_add':
codebook.c:626:12: warning: unused variable `entry' [-Wunused-variable]
  long i,j,entry;
            ^
codebook.c: In function `vorbis_oggpack_write':
codebook.c:111:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
 }
 ^
mv -f .deps/codebook.Tpo .deps/codebook.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT sharedbook.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/sharedbook.Tpo -c -o sharedbook.lo sharedbook.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT sharedbook.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/sharedbook.Tpo -c sharedbook.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/sharedbook.o
mv -f .deps/sharedbook.Tpo .deps/sharedbook.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT lookup.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/lookup.Tpo -c -o lookup.lo lookup.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT lookup.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/lookup.Tpo -c lookup.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/lookup.o
mv -f .deps/lookup.Tpo .deps/lookup.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT bitrate.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/bitrate.Tpo -c -o bitrate.lo bitrate.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT bitrate.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/bitrate.Tpo -c bitrate.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/bitrate.o
mv -f .deps/bitrate.Tpo .deps/bitrate.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT cpu.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/cpu.Tpo -c -o cpu.lo cpu.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT cpu.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/cpu.Tpo -c cpu.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/cpu.o
mv -f .deps/cpu.Tpo .deps/cpu.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT xmmlib.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/xmmlib.Tpo -c -o xmmlib.lo xmmlib.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT xmmlib.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/xmmlib.Tpo -c xmmlib.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/xmmlib.o
xmmlib.c: In function `xmm_malloc':
xmmlib.c:130:9: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
  p2[-1] = size;
        ^
mv -f .deps/xmmlib.Tpo .deps/xmmlib.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=link gcc  -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -no-undefined -version-info 4:7:4  -o libvorbis.la -rpath /opt/aotuv/lib mdct.lo smallft.lo block.lo envelope.lo window.lo lsp.lo lpc.lo analysis.lo synthesis.lo psy.lo info.lo floor1.lo floor0.lo res0.lo mapping0.lo registry.lo codebook.lo sharedbook.lo lookup.lo bitrate.lo cpu.lo xmmlib.lo -lm -logg 
libtool: link: gcc -shared  -fPIC -DPIC  .libs/mdct.o .libs/smallft.o .libs/block.o .libs/envelope.o .libs/window.o .libs/lsp.o .libs/lpc.o .libs/analysis.o .libs/synthesis.o .libs/psy.o .libs/info.o .libs/floor1.o .libs/floor0.o .libs/res0.o .libs/mapping0.o .libs/registry.o .libs/codebook.o .libs/sharedbook.o .libs/lookup.o .libs/bitrate.o .libs/cpu.o .libs/xmmlib.o  -lm -logg  -O20 -march=native  -Wl,-soname -Wl,libvorbis.so.0 -o .libs/libvorbis.so.0.4.7
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "libvorbis.so.0" && ln -s "libvorbis.so.0.4.7" "libvorbis.so.0")
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "libvorbis.so" && ln -s "libvorbis.so.0.4.7" "libvorbis.so")
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libvorbis.la" && ln -s "../libvorbis.la" "libvorbis.la" )
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT vorbisfile.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/vorbisfile.Tpo -c -o vorbisfile.lo vorbisfile.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT vorbisfile.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/vorbisfile.Tpo -c vorbisfile.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/vorbisfile.o
mv -f .deps/vorbisfile.Tpo .deps/vorbisfile.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=link gcc  -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -no-undefined -version-info 6:6:3  -o libvorbisfile.la -rpath /opt/aotuv/lib vorbisfile.lo libvorbis.la -logg 
libtool: link: gcc -shared  -fPIC -DPIC  .libs/vorbisfile.o  -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/lib/.libs -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/opt/aotuv/lib ./.libs/libvorbis.so -lm -logg  -O20 -march=native  -Wl,-soname -Wl,libvorbisfile.so.3 -o .libs/libvorbisfile.so.3.3.6
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "libvorbisfile.so.3" && ln -s "libvorbisfile.so.3.3.6" "libvorbisfile.so.3")
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "libvorbisfile.so" && ln -s "libvorbisfile.so.3.3.6" "libvorbisfile.so")
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libvorbisfile.la" && ln -s "../libvorbisfile.la" "libvorbisfile.la" )
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include      -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT vorbisenc.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/vorbisenc.Tpo -c -o vorbisenc.lo vorbisenc.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT vorbisenc.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/vorbisenc.Tpo -c vorbisenc.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/vorbisenc.o
mv -f .deps/vorbisenc.Tpo .deps/vorbisenc.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=link gcc  -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -no-undefined -version-info 2:10:0  -o libvorbisenc.la -rpath /opt/aotuv/lib vorbisenc.lo libvorbis.la -logg 
libtool: link: gcc -shared  -fPIC -DPIC  .libs/vorbisenc.o  -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/lib/.libs -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/opt/aotuv/lib ./.libs/libvorbis.so -lm -logg  -O20 -march=native  -Wl,-soname -Wl,libvorbisenc.so.2 -o .libs/libvorbisenc.so.2.0.10
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "libvorbisenc.so.2" && ln -s "libvorbisenc.so.2.0.10" "libvorbisenc.so.2")
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "libvorbisenc.so" && ln -s "libvorbisenc.so.2.0.10" "libvorbisenc.so")
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libvorbisenc.la" && ln -s "../libvorbisenc.la" "libvorbisenc.la" )
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include    -D_V_SELFTEST -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -MT test_sharedbook-sharedbook.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/test_sharedbook-sharedbook.Tpo -c -o test_sharedbook-sharedbook.o `test -f 'sharedbook.c' || echo './'`sharedbook.c
mv -f .deps/test_sharedbook-sharedbook.Tpo .deps/test_sharedbook-sharedbook.Po
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=link gcc -D_V_SELFTEST -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H  -o test_sharedbook test_sharedbook-sharedbook.o -lm xmmlib.o
libtool: link: gcc -D_V_SELFTEST -O20 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unknown-pragmas -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-strict-aliasing -march=native -DUSE_MEMORY_H -o test_sharedbook test_sharedbook-sharedbook.o xmmlib.o  -lm
gcc: error: xmmlib.o: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [test_sharedbook] Erreur 1
make[3]: quittant le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/lib »
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1
make[2]: quittant le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429/lib »
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /tmp/aotuv-b6.03_20110424-20140429 »
make: *** [all] Erreur 2
Opus 96 kb/s (Android) / Vorbis -q5 (PC) / WavPack -hhx6m (Archive)

Reply #4
Build fails here (Ubuntu 14.04, x86_64, GCC 4.8.4). Standard AoTuV without the patches builds fine.

This was because of --disable-static, sorry!

I updated the second patch to fix this. Please try again.

Reply #5
The second and third patches are both speed optimizations right?

Reply #6
The second and third patches are both speed optimizations right?

Yes. Second is speed optimizations, third contains fixes for the second.

Reply #7
If you manage to compile this on Linux I will be very happy! I miss the Lancer patches on Linux.

Reply #8
I've compiled and uploaded standard oggenc2 and oggdropXPd compiles to Rarewares but the Lancer builds will have to wait until I return from vacation after 20th August, I'm afraid.

Reply #9
This was because of --disable-static, sorry!

I updated the second patch to fix this. Please try again.
If you manage to compile this on Linux I will be very happy! I miss the Lancer patches on Linux.

It now builds on Linux with my configure line, thanks enzo.

Here is a short comparison (1 album) between libvorbis, AoTuV 6.03, and AoTuV 6.03 + patches:

$ wvunpack /data/Music\ Archive/Pantera/1992\ -\ Vulgar\ Display\ of\ Power/Vulgar\ Display\ of\ Power.wv -o /tmp/vdop.wav

WVUNPACK  Hybrid Lossless Audio Decompressor  Linux Version 4.75.0
 Copyright © 1998 - 2015 David Bryant.  All Rights Reserved.

restored /tmp/vdop.wav in 15.52 secs (lossless, 30.48%)

$ time oggenc -Q -q 2 /tmp/vdop.wav -o /tmp/vdop-libvorbis.ogg

real  1m8.906s
user  1m8.730s
sys 0m0.120s

~ $ export LD_PRELOAD='/opt/aotuv/lib/libvorbisfile.so /opt/aotuv/lib/libvorbisenc.so /opt/aotuv/lib/libvorbis.so'

~ $ time oggenc -Q -q 2 /tmp/vdop.wav -o /tmp/vdop-aotuv.ogg

real  1m0.717s
user  1m0.515s
sys 0m0.152s

~ $ export LD_PRELOAD='/opt/aotuv-lancer/lib/libvorbisfile.so /opt/aotuv-lancer/lib/libvorbisenc.so /opt/aotuv-lancer/lib/libvorbis.so'

~ $ time oggenc -Q -q 2 /tmp/vdop.wav -o /tmp/vdop-aotuv-lancer.ogg

real  0m47.082s
user  0m46.855s
sys 0m0.188s

Encoding is ~22% faster than AoTuV and ~32% faster than libvorbis 1.3.2.
I didn't test quality, but file size is very close to vanilla AoTuV.
Opus 96 kb/s (Android) / Vorbis -q5 (PC) / WavPack -hhx6m (Archive)

Reply #10
I've compiled and uploaded standard oggenc2 and oggdropXPd compiles to Rarewares but the Lancer builds will have to wait until I return from vacation after 20th August, I'm afraid.

any news regarding the lancer builds?

Reply #11
I'll get to them this weekend, hopefully!

Reply #12
Code merged and compiles, but I need to sort out compilers before I can generate the different compiles for upload.

Reply #13
New Lancer builds now available at Rarewares.

Reply #14
Thanks john33.

i7-2700k

D:\Downloads\oggenc2.87-1.3.5-generic>oggenc2.exe "01. Atom Heart Mother.flac"
        File length:  23m 45.0s
        Elapsed time: 0m 41.0s
        Rate:         34.7600
        Average bitrate: 103.0 kb/s

D:\Downloads\oggenc2.87-aoTuVb6.03_2015-generic>oggenc2.exe "01. Atom Heart Mother.flac"
        Elapsed time: 0m 35.0s
        Rate:         40.7189
        Average bitrate: 109.9 kb/s

D:\Downloads\oggenc2.87-aoTuVb6.03_2015-LancerSSE>oggenc2.exe "01. Atom Heart Mother.flac"
        Elapsed time: 0m 23.0s
        Rate:         61.9635

D:\Downloads\oggenc2.87-aoTuVb6.03_2015-LancerSSE2>oggenc2.exe "01. Atom Heart Mother.flac"
        Elapsed time: 0m 23.0s
        Rate:         61.9635

D:\Downloads\oggenc2.87-aoTuVb6.03_2015-LancerSSE3>oggenc2.exe "01. Atom Heart Mother.flac"
        Elapsed time: 0m 24.0s
        Rate:         59.3817

D:\Downloads\oggenc2.87-1.3.5-x64>oggenc2.exe "01. Atom Heart Mother.flac"
        Elapsed time: 0m 25.0s
        Rate:         57.0064
        Average bitrate: 103.0 kb/s

D:\Downloads\oggenc2.87-aoTuVb6.03_2015-x64>oggenc2.exe "01. Atom Heart Mother.flac"
        Elapsed time: 0m 22.0s
        Rate:         64.7800

D:\Downloads\oggenc2.87-aoTuVb6.03_2015-LancerSSE3_x64>oggenc2.exe "01. Atom Heart Mother.flac"
        Elapsed time: 0m 20.0s
        Rate:         71.2580

Reply #15
New Lancer builds now available at Rarewares.

These aren't working for me on Windows XP 32 bit - am I missing something, or is it finally time I upgrade!!

I get a "not a valid Win32 application" error.

Reply #17
You're both right, they probably won't work on XP. I can re-instate the earlier build that did run on XP (I think), if you wish, although you probably already have that.  As there is no difference in the quality of the output, I'm not too sure that the effort involved in producing XP compatible compiles is worthwhile, particularly as I don't have an XP based system for testing.

Reply #18
You're both right, they probably won't work on XP. I can re-instate the earlier build that did run on XP (I think), if you wish, although you probably already have that.  As there is no difference in the quality of the output, I'm not too sure that the effort involved in producing XP compatible compiles is worthwhile, particularly as I don't have an XP based system for testing.

It's ok, they shouldn't either. WTF people, XP is a 15 years old OS.

Reply #19
Hi, i am trying to utilize the re-sampler using:
oggenc2.exe --ignorelength --resample 44100 -S 0 -q6.0 F:\untitledStereo.wav -o F:\untitledStereo.ogg

It seems 0 (Best) halts the encoding process (it encodes 0.0 secs of audio), while option 1 (Medium) works OK.
Any suggestions?

Reply #20
Let me check it out and I'll get back to you.

Reply #21
Hello john33,

will you update libvorbis.dll, too?

best regards

akapuma

Reply #22
Let me check it out and I'll get back to you.

I can confirm the problem which seems to have existed ever since I switched to SoxR, but I need to understand it better as SoxRDrop, which uses similar code to set up the resampler, works as expected. Will continue researching this.

Reply #23
Hello john33,

will you update libvorbis.dll, too?

best regards

akapuma

I will, but I'd like to fix the resampler issue first.

Reply #24
It's ok, they shouldn't either. WTF people, XP is a 15 years old OS.

but its still the best os for old single core systems that you dont want to throw away, tough
(seriously, i tested every windows from vista to 10 on my 2005'ish laptop and then kept xp)