Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Dual Playlist view? (Read 878 times) previous topic - next topic

Dual Playlist view?

Hello there,

I'm having trouble with the way Foobar (win7 64bit) behaves in relation to playlists.
My goal here is to create a layout with two independent playlists shown at any one time. I can create two instances of the playlist view with tabs, meaning I can work with multiple playlists in parallel, but these two windows always mirror one another - when I select playlist 1 on the left section, the right section cannot display any other playlist without influencing the left section in response.

Is there any known solution to this? I'm trying to have a general playlist on the left with album/genre collections, and another separate playlist on the right to burn to CD to make DJ compilations. I need to be able to view both simultaneously. On a slightly unrelated note, has anyone successfully burned CDs that carry track names so that CDJs can read them?

Cheers
BIG DRIVER

Re: Dual Playlist view?

Reply #1
If you download additional playlist viewer components they should work independently as I recall. At the very least you can pin one of them so it only shows the contents of one specific playlist.

Try something like SimPlaylist or EsPlaylist/ELPlaylist. One of them probably supports what you want.

Reply #2
What about running two instances of fb2k? If you run the installer a second time and install fb2k as a portable version, you can run the "installed" fb2k and "portable" fb2k at the same time.

Reply #3
If you download additional playlist viewer components they should work independently as I recall. At the very least you can pin one of them so it only shows the contents of one specific playlist.

Try something like SimPlaylist or EsPlaylist/ELPlaylist. One of them probably supports what you want.
ESPlaylist has this option: right-click and select Playlists -> Follow XXX playlist. The XXX playlist must be selected at the time, but after that you can switch the other viewer and this one will stay where it was.