Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What FLAC-related files do stereo equipment with FLAC-support utilize? (Read 2321 times) previous topic - next topic

What FLAC-related files do stereo equipment with FLAC-support utilize?

I wasn't sure if this should go in the hardware section of the forum, but ultimately I felt it was closer to a FLAC-subject rather than any specific stereo hardware equipment, so I post it here.
My question is, apart from the actual *.FLAC files, what other FLAC-related files do such equipment normally utilize? Sorry for my English -- by utilize I mean, for example does it use CUE files in order to know where each new track starts (so you can skip between tracks)? And can they use any other files such as log files or other logs with the purpose to display or determine accuracy. Basically I just want to know what all file extension with relation to FLAC files, that such equipment use.
If you still feel I post this in the wrong section please move my thread to the hardware section.
Many thank you in advance, Yulva

Reply #1
My question is, apart from the actual *.FLAC files, what other FLAC-related files do such equipment normally utilize?
None, as far as I know.

for example does it use CUE files in order to know where each new track starts (so you can skip between tracks)?
I don’t think so; I’ve not heard of any examples of hardware that can, anyway.

And can they use any other files such as log files or other logs with the purpose to display or determine accuracy.
Definitely not.
Even support for plain text files is not likely, I don’t think. The ability to specifically parse a log file definitely does not exist.

Sorry! :/

Reply #2
My question is, apart from the actual *.FLAC files, what other FLAC-related files do such equipment normally utilize?
None, as far as I know.

for example does it use CUE files in order to know where each new track starts (so you can skip between tracks)?
I don’t think so; I’ve not heard of any examples of hardware that can, anyway.

And can they use any other files such as log files or other logs with the purpose to display or determine accuracy.
Definitely not.
Even support for plain text files is not likely, I don’t think. The ability to specifically parse a log file definitely does not exist.

Sorry! :/

Aw I see. Thanks for your help!