Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Request: UI for DSP-Manager and Output-Driver (Read 1601 times) previous topic - next topic

Request: UI for DSP-Manager and Output-Driver

Hi!

I use foobar for a long time and I cannot think of a better player!
There are just a few things I'd like to be able to change them at the UI and don't have to go to the Preferences:

I use the ASIO-PlugIn since I noticed, that ASIO4ALL has a much better sound than the standard driver (on the standard Realtek sound-chip in my Laptop).
The ASIO-driver of my Focusrite-Audio-Interface still sounds better than the direct-version, but the difference is not that big.

But ASIO4ALL comes with some problems in daily use:
Browser- or System-Sounds don't work, while ASIO4ALL is active (YouTube-videos or Skype-calls), so from time to time, I have to change the audio-driver.
I don't think, programming a plugin that integrates a UI for this usage is a big deal, but I don't have any experiences on programming in any language...
Is there anyone out there, who would like to support me? ^^

I'd also like to have the DSP-Manager or the sheduler on screen!

May be there are some plugins for these UIs, but I did not found them...

Thanks

Jedec

PS: I'm from germany, I'm not very proud of my english, but I hope you can understand me!
I won't be angry, if anyone wants to correct my language

Edit: I use the standard user interface.

Reply #1
I use the ASIO-PlugIn since I noticed, that ASIO4ALL has a much better sound than the standard driver (on the standard Realtek sound-chip in my Laptop).
The ASIO-driver of my Focusrite-Audio-Interface still sounds better than the direct-version, but the difference is not that big.
You should have a look at the forum rules, ToS #8 before making such claims.

I don't think, programming a plugin that integrates a UI for this usage is a big deal
No, it's impossible. At least for a 3rd party developer.

Reply #2
You should have a look at the forum rules, ToS #8 before making such claims.

You got me, I didn't read the terms.
The better qualitiy should be reproducable on every laptop - try ASIO4ALL and the ASIO-plugin, it works even with integrated speakers, but better with headphones.
I could record a sample, if anyone is not able to reproduce, but I don't think this would be the right topic for this - requests via PN and I'll open a new topic.

Edit: I forgot that "good sound" is not objective at all - someome may like the DS-driver more than the ASIO-driver...

No, it's impossible. At least for a 3rd party developer.

That's a pity...
So I open a new topic with the same request in the general fb2k discussion???
Or can a Mod move the topic?

Reply #3
The reason ASIO-Output seems to have a better quality is likely due to the fact that there's some Dolby-, THX- or some other effect enabled in your driver- or audio-software. Just take a look at the preference dialog of you sound-device and disable all unnecessary effects and "sound-enhancers".

Reply #4
The reason ASIO-Output seems to have a better quality is likely due to the fact that there's some Dolby-, THX- or some other effect enabled in your driver- or audio-software. Just take a look at the preference dialog of you sound-device and disable all unnecessary effects and "sound-enhancers".

Why didn't I ever thought of that?
You're right - "Dolby Home Theater" ruined the sound...

I deny all my previous statements about "ASIO vs. DirectSound" and the sound quality and change to "disable all Dolby-sound-enhacers for sound-enhancement"!