Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Filters that only show contents of current playlist? (Read 2713 times) previous topic - next topic

Filters that only show contents of current playlist?

Is there any way to get the contents of a filter to reflect only the contents of a playlist in Columns UI?

e.g.
If I select the "60s" playlist, only The Who, The Beatles, and Simon & Garfunkel appear in the Artists filter.

Also, slightly unrelated - is there any way that clicking on an album in the album filter could just jump/scroll to that album (in NG playlist) instead of isolating it?

Reply #1
ctr + f for in-playlist-searching?
i think there you can search for artists and/or tags like 60s or jazz.

Reply #2
ctr + f for in-playlist-searching?
i think there you can search for artists and/or tags like 60s or jazz.

Not quite what I'm looking for.  I meant when I click on a playlist, only the artists that are in that playlist appear in the filter.  And when I click on an album, it jumps to that album, no typing/dialogue boxes required.

Reply #3
Not that I know of. However, it is available in Default user interface via the Facets linked list media viewer.

Reply #4
A few more questions:

How do I refresh the current view?  I've hotkeyed "Reload info from file(s) if changed" but it doesn't seem to refresh... e.g., add album art or change the album title of a few files and hit refresh, but changes don't display until you switch playlists and switch back.

Is there any way to sort the Albums filter by date instead of alphabetically?

I hotkeyed "Switch to Playlist: Filter Results", but it keeps disappearing (I think it may be because it's dynamically created/destroyed?)  Any way around this?

Last thing: Is there any way to normalize volumes on-the-fly?  Or do I have to set ReplayGain for my entire library..?

Reply #5
Can I get %playback_time% and %playback_time_remaining% on the left and right of my seekbar??