Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: some 1.5.5 beta 1 problems  (Read 1529 times) previous topic - next topic

some 1.5.5 beta 1 problems

1 The recently added support for all-at-once querying of multiple freedb servers seems to have reverted to the usual single server.

2 This one is weird. I can no longer edit two metadata fields at once, as the Edit item won't show up if I select more than one field. But this only happens when editting a single file. If it's two or more, then I can still edit more than one field at once.

And this is not recent, but, ever since the arrival of the new and improved all-in-one properties dialog, with it's inline "new field" system, the ability to left click and remove unwanted autocompletion items seems to have been lost, or I can't find it. It's not urgent in the least, but it'd be nice to recover that at some point.

Re: some 1.5.5 beta 1 problems

Reply #1
Re 1)
Keep the new freedb DLL. It's from foobar2000 1.6 codebase. Public beta of 1.6 series will be out soon.

Re 2)
Noted, I'm looking into it.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #3
Periodically, when updating tags, the file creation date is reset to the current one.

Reply #4
Re missing Properties "edit" with single file multi fields-
Why do you exactly need it? Why not edit the fields in-place? It's specifically disabled because it's redundant functionality.

Re clearing history-
I can't easily enough add a context menu there, hence it's now listed in advanced preferences instead. I'll get it changed if I come up with a better solution.

Re file creation time-
Noted, I've added a fix for this in 1.5.5 final.

Reply #5
Beta 2 posted, creation time fix included.

Reply #6
Re missing Properties "edit" with single file multi fields-
Why do you exactly need it? Why not edit the fields in-place? It's specifically disabled because it's redundant functionality.
To be honest, I can't remember exactly what I was trying to do when I stumbled into this.

That said, I frequently find myself in need to compare the values of several fields, and the clutter with things like musicbrainz tags, my own custom adhoc ones in which I keep a number of things (including conflicting and multiple language versions of the tags, where applicable), among others, and, if nothing else, it's just so much more comfortable to select those I want to focus on and compare them in a more clutter free and isolated view, instead of scanning through the clutter
Even when there isn't much clutter to speak of, physical proximity provides an improvement over having to compare things a few lines apart, especially long lines of text, or in foreign languages and scripts.

Ahyway. While I edit tags inplace most of the time when possible, in some situations I find it helpful to bring several things into a custom multi-tag edition window, even when it is a single track.

While we are at this, going back to the matter of comparing tag values, I'd like to say that, in some situations, it would be even more helpful to be able to change the distribution of the Edit window table so that tracks were the columns and tags were the lines, so that you could compare their values stacked vertically, which is visually much easier than having them in a line. But I guess adding this for the sake of my strange practices is going too far into OCD land. Your call.

Reply #7
When editing embedded cuesheet in flac image, the file creation date is reset to the current one.