Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4549390 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #6675
ok, i guess i was using that one already....

is there a way to have the embedded artwork pop-out into another window upon clicking? the configure button inside Display->ColumnsUI->Layout is grayed out...

thanks!

Columns UI

Reply #6677
Is there any way to exclude certain folders from being displayed? Basically, my library folder is set to M:\Music and with there is a folder called "Phone Music" which contains V0 MP3s which have been encoded ready to send to my phone via Zune.

Now, when I browse to an artist using the filter, and say they have three albums, it lists six because it will list the FLAC ones found in my main folder as well as the MP3 ones found in the "Phone Music" folder. Is there any way to stop it from display all files in the Phone Music folder? I basically don't want to ever see these files in foobar2000.

Columns UI

Reply #6678
Is there any way to exclude certain folders from being displayed? Basically, my library folder is set to M:\Music and with there is a folder called "Phone Music" which contains V0 MP3s which have been encoded ready to send to my phone via Zune.

Now, when I browse to an artist using the filter, and say they have three albums, it lists six because it will list the FLAC ones found in my main folder as well as the MP3 ones found in the "Phone Music" folder. Is there any way to stop it from display all files in the Phone Music folder? I basically don't want to ever see these files in foobar2000.

Assuming your PC's audio files are all FLACs, you could simply set the media library to restrict to *.FLAC or exclude *.MP3 I think.

Columns UI

Reply #6679

Assuming your PC's audio files are all FLACs, you could simply set the media library to restrict to *.FLAC or exclude *.MP3 I think.

Unfortunately, whilst I'm working on having an all-FLAC collection, I haven't quite got there yet, and some of the music I have was only released as an MP3 download as well. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'm sure that would work if it was the case that I had all FLAC.

Columns UI

Reply #6680
Just mark this folder as hidden.

Columns UI

Reply #6681
1) My foobar seems to prefer embedded over external artwork (even when the external pic is bigger). Any way to get it to prefer external?
Edit: im talking about the cover art in EsPlaylist

2) Is there any way i get foobar to tell me in a simple way if there is a folder.jpg in the directory of the now playing music?
Ex: "No folder.jpg" or "Folder.jpg" appears in the main window title

thanks

Columns UI

Reply #6682
Can anyone help me with title formatting for groups?

I wrote this and it isn't working for some reason:

$ifequal($stricmp(%album artist%, %album%), 1, %album%, %album artist%[ - %album%])

It should display "Artist - Album" if the album and artist name aren't the same. If it is a self titled album it should display just the album.

Columns UI

Reply #6683
$if($stricmp(%album artist%,%album%),%album%,%album artist%[ – %album])

Notice how there are no spaces after the commas.

Columns UI

Reply #6684
$if($stricmp(%album artist%,%album%),%album%,%album artist%[ – %album])

Notice how there are no spaces after the commas.

Oh ok. I didn't know that was a rule. Thanks!

Columns UI

Reply #6685
is there a way to have the embedded artwork pop-out into another window upon clicking? the configure button inside Display->ColumnsUI->Layout is grayed out...

right clicking on the window doesn't seem to show this option, either....

thanks!

Columns UI

Reply #6686
So I have a tab list of 3 different filters, each tab is called filter.

Is there a way to rename the actual tab? Thanks.

Columns UI

Reply #6687
Really thought this would be fixed or a solution made in the last 9 months ive had this problem. Decided to make another post on the matter in case my constant google searching is not bringing me a solution that is actually there.

Problem: My genre filter box in columns_ui is treating multiple genres as one genre
Programs involved: i used MusicBrainz Picard to tag my content. It; separates; multiple; genres; like; this. Foobar treats it all as one genre (i.e. "It; separates; multiple; genres; like; this" is a single genre).

The problem is extremely simple and i really would have though a plugin, at the least, would have been created to help remedy the situation but i cant find anything. I am relly hoping that someone recently has found a fix and one that doesnt involve redoing all the tags to the thousands upon thousands of songs i have on my computer.

MassTagger seems promising but either i can't figure out how to use it in my favor or it is just not possible.

thank you so much in advance! this has been driving me nuts

Columns UI

Reply #6688
So I have a tab list of 3 different filters, each tab is called filter.

Is there a way to rename the actual tab? Thanks.

Turn on the layout editing mode and right click the tab, you'll see the option to rename/remove it.

Columns UI

Reply #6689
Hey guys! =) I have been using foobar2k's Columns UI for quite a while now and I really like it. However, I recently ran into a small problem.

The default Columns of the playlist were #, Title, Album, Artist, Date and Length. I went to add another column called codec, because I want to see the file format right beside every song. Well it did work, and I can see the format of every song. mp3, flac, monkey etc. The problem happens though, when I try to sort the playlist according to a codec. Meaning I want to make all the Mp3s higher up, and the FLACs lower down. But pressing the codec column doesn't do anything. =( even though i can see the arrow which represents sort ascending and sort descending, the songs do not seem to have any response at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Columns UI

Reply #6690
Works here, simply defining a %codec% column. Maybe you messed with the Sort tab?

Alessandro

Columns UI

Reply #6691
I can't figure out what code will link meta-data such as genre, bitrate, etc, with a given column.  I go Columns UI --> Playlist View --> right click--> "new", but I dont know that code to make a column labled genre.  Can you help?

Thanks!

Columns UI

Reply #6692
I just installed foobar.  All the tracks I added are automatically in the "default" playlist.  I want to be able to browse the new songs by genre, artist, and album, like in Itunes.  I can't brows them in the filters unless I do a search, first.  Also, is there any way to set up a general "music" folder that isnt the default playlist?

Thanks!

Columns UI

Reply #6694
Hey guys, I was wondering if you would be able to help me out with a bit of customisation of NG Playlist.

In the standard grouping each album has a "heading" line which includes various tags relevant to that album. As such:

But what I'm looking to do is also put a similar line right below all the track listings, with the same ability of putting custom tags in.

I of course have not the slightest clue how to go about this, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Columns UI

Reply #6695
I doubt you can put it under of the corresponding group (album, in this case). You can create a second grouping pattern which will be placed right under the first one, though.

Columns UI

Reply #6696
What you show in your mockup is impossible.
You can create a second grouping script right under the first, but foobar will group by the values you display. And you can't right-justify text while keeping the line.

Columns UI

Reply #6697

How can I make this area darker to match the playlist font/background colors?

Columns UI

Reply #6698
I can't figure out what code will link meta-data such as genre, bitrate, etc, with a given column.
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...tting_Reference

HTH.

Alessandro

I have tried that, but when I make a new column, it never actually retrieves the tags that are saved in song's metadata.  Here the column is created, but it is blank. 

Columns UI

Reply #6699
follow the syntax formatting pattern used for the columns that do return data. remove the %'s from the linked metadata field entry box.

EDIT: Hope the above works....I do not use CUI and shall try to refrain from answering when I am not sure.

FYI, in your screenshot, have you clicked APPLY?