Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4549561 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #6625
I'm trying to separate discs within an album. is there anyway to do conditional grouping within ng playlist? I have the following code in the grouping window under preferences:

Code: [Select]
$if2(%album artist%,<no artist>)[ / %album%]
$if(%discnumber%, 'Disc -' %discnumber%)

It actually works. It separates the discs underneath the album in the playlist. However, I can not get it to NOT group them when there is only 1 disc on the album.

http://s18.postimage.org/u6333tix5/image.png (it works great here)
http://s7.postimage.org/fytuhwmqz/image.png (but it unnecessarily groups 1-disc albums)

Columns UI

Reply #6626
@ canuckerfan:

You can try to hide the horizontal lines with a code like this, assuming you have %totaltracks% field filled, although you will still get the empty space above each album:

$if(%totaldiscs%,$ifequal(%totaldiscs%,1,$tab(),Disc %discnumber%),$tab())

Columns UI

Reply #6627
@ Daeron:

thanks that's very close to what I would like. I'll see if I can live with the little space

Columns UI

Reply #6628
Found a bug, heres how to replicate:

First add a new track to a playlist, then press title button to sort the tracks differently in the playlist. Now press undo. It doesnt undo only the new sorting style, but it also removes the added track from the playlist. I.e. it undo's two things instead of only the last one it should.

Now if you press redo, it redo's only the last thing, i.e. sorts it back differently but doesnt add the removed track back.

Columns UI

Reply #6629
Hello,

i have recently migrated from XP to Windows 7 64bit and i copied my foobar folder (i use portable mode) over to the new machine.
On XP I had customized my UI pretty heavily, but most of it does not work in Windows 7. Is it possible that the depth up to which tabs can be stacked is limited in W7? Also I have a wsh panel to display the album art in a cd-cover image, which will not work. So what are your experiences with migrating your customized foobar to W7 and are there any tricks to improve compatibility?

sorry if this has been answered before, but it seems i cannot search for 'windows 7'.

Columns UI

Reply #6630
never had a problem myself. i dual booted XP/7 for ages using the same foobar install. and i use WSH panel mod a lot.

make sure your components are the latest versions is all i can suggest.

Columns UI

Reply #6632
thanks for your replies. at least i do know know that my suspicion was correct. I really liked my layout and this is an rather annoying inconvenience, but it seems I cannot do a lot about it, so I will have to rework my layout.

I still have the issue of the wsh jewel case pane crashing, i will do some experiments with this tonight.

Columns UI

Reply #6633
marc - i use the cd jewel case code from your samples. the panel already crashes on the var definitions:

var shadow_img = gdi.Image(images_path + "shadow.png");

where is images_path defined? may that be (part of the) the problem?

edit:
i found an error in the console:

Error: WSH Panel Mod (CD Jewel Case by marc2003 / atumno): Laufzeitfehler in Microsoft JScript:
Automatisierungsserver kann Objekt nicht erstellen.
File: D:\Programme\Media\foobar2000___WIP___\marc2003\common4.js
Ln: 396, Col: 1
<source text only available at compile time>

Columns UI

Reply #6634
reading the instructions is always good.

Extract the marc2003 folder from this zip into your foobar profile directory. On a standard install this will be located at %appdata%\foobar2000. On a portable install, this will be directly inside the main foobar2000 folder.

i defy anyone to come back and say my scripts don't work after following this... 

Columns UI

Reply #6635
i don't understand. i did extract it to the foobar folder. the 'marc2003' folder (and it's contents...) is there.

Columns UI

Reply #6636
your files cannot be in the correct place. i even reproduced your folder structure exactly and all my scripts work without any modification. you shouldn't need to concern yourself with the values of any variables in the scripts. it just works when the instructions are followed....

screenshot

Columns UI

Reply #6637
did you notice my edit in my last-but-one post? i may have edited it while you were answering so eventually you did not read it?
i found an error message in the console, i suspect some restrictions problem:

Error: WSH Panel Mod (CD Jewel Case by marc2003 / atumno): Laufzeitfehler in Microsoft JScript:
Automatisierungsserver kann Objekt nicht erstellen.
File: D:\Programme\Media\foobar2000___WIP___\marc2003\common4.js
Ln: 396, Col: 1

edit:
maybe we should move the discussion to the wsh scripting thread?

Columns UI

Reply #6638
google translate to the rescue....

Automatisierungsserver kann Objekt nicht erstellen >> Automation server can not create object.

that error means you didn't follow step 2 of the instructions.

Start foobar and goto File>Preferences>Tools>WSH Panel Mod and uncheck the option for Safe mode. Restart when prompted.

Columns UI

Reply #6639
man i feel embarrassed now, i did miss the safe mode option (although i had read it...), sorry.

that did the trick, thank you.

the folder issue was just a mistake on my part, i was typing in the wrong window...

however, thank you very much!!!!!

Columns UI

Reply #6640
Sorry for the language folks  I do not speak English

I use "Item properties" panel (it's CUI unit or something) and there's one things I'd really like to know:

Is there a way and if it is how to make an item-properties-panel show only using metadata fields (i.e. make all lines where value field has NOTHING in it do not appear on the panel).

PS.. another thing I don't understand is Properties-General information. It describes files as I see, but for example Audio MD5 line(field) doesn't match with real hash sums (I use HashTab tool for that). So what it describes then? 

Thank you VERY much!

Columns UI

Reply #6641
Is there a way and if it is how to make an item-properties-panel show only using metadata fields (i.e. make all lines where value field has NOTHING in it do not appear on the panel).

No. But you could use an Item Details panel to achieve this functionality , though you would have to manually configure the entire panel with title formatting code.

but for example Audio MD5 line(field) doesn't match with real hash sums (I use HashTab tool for that). So what it describes then?

I'm not familiar with the entire capabilities of HashTab tool, but I would assume the difference is because HashTab is hashing the entire file, while foobar is hashing only the audio data within the file. A hash of the audio data only is useful because it won't change when you edit file tags or otherwise alter the file's non-audio data.

Columns UI

Reply #6642
Why the download is not a .zip archive so we can install it right from foobar? Not a big deal, just sayin...

Columns UI

Reply #6643
No. But you could use an Item Details panel to achieve this functionality , though you would have to manually configure the entire panel...

Thanks. I'll try that panel and hope I can get it configured.

I'm not familiar with the entire capabilities of HashTab tool, but I would assume the difference is because HashTab is hashing the entire file, while foobar is hashing only the audio data within the file. A hash of the audio data only is useful because it won't change when you edit file tags or otherwise alter the file's non-audio data.

You're right hashing-the-entire-file is what HashTab does. But although I do understand what you meant by "foobar is hashing only the audio data within the file" (and it seems like a really smart feature to me) I still have some "WHYs".

As I can see "audio data" depends on a format we use -- I've checked FLAC and APE formats (converted one file to both ones) and each one has its own audio-data-hash. So I just want to clarify about this "audio data" term -- it shouldn't be the same while a different lossless compression algorithm (format) is used. Right? ..But when we uncompressed them (convert to WAV / AIFF) back it would be the same anyway. Right? 

Why WAV files has no "audio data" hash information in their properties.. now it seems we can somehow add tags to them as well, which of course changes hash of the entire files, so I think it would be very handy to have "audio-data" information on them as well. Isn't it?

Could you please elaborate on this a bit more? Or give some links on that -- I googled "Audio MD5", but didn't get anything useful..

Big thanks!

Columns UI

Reply #6644
I have 3 questions about columns UI, hope you can help me :

1/ how to get working tabs ? i would like a few ones like that : http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/2540/foobar11s.jpg
I you can show me how the "layout" should be, it could be very usefull.
my current layout is : http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7954/layoutds.jpg

2/ In columns UI > colour and fonts, there are options to change selected item background.
but can't find how to change the background of the currently played item. (because the current color is too similar of others : http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3894/cuplayed.jpg )

3/ In preferences > display > columns UI > tab "notification area", I see option to change icon, but I can't find the old foobar icon (I used foobar 9.4.3). does someone own the .ico file?

Columns UI

Reply #6645
>> how to change the background of the currently played item.

For each column in "File->Preferences->Display->Columns UI->Playlist view->Columns->Scripts->Style (tab)"
add this string:

$if(%_isplaying%,
$set_style(back,$rgb(149,243,143),$rgb(149,243,143))
$set_style(text,$rgb(217,0,119),$rgb(217,0,119))
)

and make sure "Use custom style script" is checked

--- ALTERNATIVELY ---

Go to "File->Preferences->Display->Columns UI->Playlist view->Globals->Variables (tab)"
and add this string:

$set_global(color.bg.playing,$rgb(149,243,143))
$set_global(color.bg.selected,$rgb(149,243,143))
$set_global(color.txt.playing,$rgb(217,0,119))
$set_global(color.txt.selected,$rgb(217,0,119))

Go to "File->Preferences->Display->Columns UI->Playlist view->Globals->Style (tab)"
and add this string:

$if(%isplaying%,
$set_style(back,$get_global(color.bg.playing),$get_global(color.bg.selected))
$set_style(text,$get_global(color.txt.playing),$get_global(color.txt.selected))
)

and make sure "Use global variables for display" is checked

and go back to each column in "File->Preferences->Display->Columns UI->Playlist view->Columns->Scripts->Style (tab)"
and uncheck all "Use custom style script" checkboxes

And... change all colors to suit yourself.

Columns UI

Reply #6646
I'm new to Foobar and trying to set up a ColumnsUI layout. I have most things working the way I want them to apart from the following:
[Here is an image of what I have so far: http://i.imgur.com/6Qhhv.jpg]

1. I've managed to use $swapprefix to sort "The Beatles" as "Beatles, The" in the Artist filter panel on the left. Is there any way to have it sort as if it says "Beatles, The" but displays "The Beatles"

2. How do I change the sorting on specific items? This is mainly for classical music, for example I want "Johann Sebastian Bach" to be sorted as "Bach, Johann Sebastian". Basically I'm looking for the equivalent of the "Sort Artist" field on iTunes.

3. Currently, if I press a letter on the keyboard whilst the focus is on the playlist it takes me to the first track beginning with that letter. How do I change it so it takes me to the first artist beginning with that letter?

This is not as important as the other issues but it would still be nice to fix:
4. In iTunes, clicking on the "Artists" title on the filter-panel reset it back to showing all artists (rather than having to scroll back up to the top to do this). Is there a way to set up foobar so I can do the same thing?

Columns UI

Reply #6647
@Kasen - I made a post on Sep 11 2011 at another thread; read it and get some ideas for yourself. *post is here*

Columns UI

Reply #6648
Hey,
I've started using columns UI and I like the album art next to the album, but I'm trying to get rid of the unholy gap that singles or small albums produce:

...in the same way that itunes does it:

Possible?

Thanks.

Columns UI

Reply #6649
Any way to use a specific font for the buttons?
Want to use webdings instead of an image because for some reason i cant change them.
Using CUI