Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FOOBAR & LINUX MINT (Read 1703 times) previous topic - next topic

FOOBAR & LINUX MINT

I have used Foobar for over 10 years on Win7 and was saddened that Linux does not support it. Today I found that it is available via SNAP as a third party program.
I downloaded it onto 2 laptops. On one the font is so small that I can't even see it using a magnifying glass! The other is legible.
It says in Preference/Shell Integration that it is the "mobile edition".
How can I get the full edition? I assume that the full addition will automatically insert track name either from the CD or internet.

Re: FOOBAR & LINUX MINT

Reply #1
You can use Foobar2000 using Wine on Linux Mint.

I've been using this for years with no problems.

Just install Wine and use the normal foobar2000 Windows installer: https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu

It appears small on the laptop probably because the laptop screen resolution is so high. You can adjust the DPI settings in Wine to 150% or 200% to make it appear correctly.