Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TECH by Br3tt modifying files by default (Read 5577 times) previous topic - next topic

TECH by Br3tt modifying files by default

hello...

i have a big problem. foobar automatically remove my covers from the mp3 tags

i use window 7 x64 and foobar 1.1 with the TECH 1.4 from Br3tt this one

first time i start after i have installed the TECH all went ok. then i restart and add the library and make some test play, all is ok. then i edit the preferences for the shortcuts for my G15 keyboard
and then restart and now play some mp3, foobar removes the cover. when i take a look into the windows mp3 folder the mp3 that i have played has no more cover. in foobar the cover is there,
same in mp3tag, the cover is there to. even if i undo the shortcut preferences the problem remains.

under c:programs and user/roaming i have all delete and reinstalled... but the problem is again there. can't play anything without foobar delete the covers from the windows folder.

sry for my bad english, hope someone can help me... this problem annoying me 

Reply #1
Tell Br3tt.

We can't help you if a configuration (which you didn't configure yourself) does something unexpected. By installing the configuration, you're trusting that Br3tt wouldn't configure a third party component to do something that foolish.

fb2k (nor any 1st party components) would not write tags to your files without you (or br3tt) explicitly telling it to.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
this is the problem, i have nothing other do as to add the library and the shortcuts for my keyboard. nothing other

Reply #3
I will make this as simple as possible:

Br3tt do other.
Don't trust him. (apparently)
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #4
It could be foo_covers2, http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=71446
It seems to write tags.
As of 0.06, it fills up the following titleformat fields: %albumart_front%, %albumart_back%, %albumart_disc%, %albumart_artist%, %albumart_icon%.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #5
It only returns the image path by the titleformat fields

I don't think that foo_covers2 writes anything to files...

Reply #6
One of these themes uses its own 100% WSH panel based play counter, which is only capable of writing to the file tags. Of course, it's supposed to be disabled by default.

Reply #7
I will make this as simple as possible:

Br3tt do other.
Don't trust him. (apparently)

very constructive answer, i love it

So, my config doesn't change file TAGs, ONLY if you enable the OPTION in the config settings page for statistics (PLAY_COUNTER, LAST_PLAYED, FIRST_PLAYED) ... and it changes the TAG %rating% (file or database), depending of the right click option on the star rating system.

afterwards, bugs might exist, so if your problem is well explicited, you can ask for support on my Deviant Art TEch page, i'll try to help you and point you where the problem can be, but this forum is (apparently) not the good place for this ^^

Regards,

Reply #8
you can ask for support on my Deviant Art TEch page, i'll try to help you and point you where the problem can be, but this forum is (apparently) not the good place for this
It appears the problem is already documented here.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #9
hi there... after some test i think i have found the problem

the problem must be the WSH Panel, it write statistic to the mp3 file and delete in this moment the complete tag

one two

Opening track for playback: "X:\Musik\HIPHOP - RAP - RAGGAE\Bushido\[2005] Staatsfeind N°1\15. Bis Wir Uns Wiedersehen (feat. Cassandra Steen).mp3"
WSH: Statistics updated to file at : 188.01774829928877.
Reopening played file after update: "X:\Musik\HIPHOP - RAP - RAGGAE\Bushido\[2005] Staatsfeind N°1\15. Bis Wir Uns Wiedersehen (feat. Cassandra Steen).mp3"

quote/ kode54 "One of these themes uses its own 100% WSH panel based play counter, which is only capable of writing to the file tags. Of course, it's supposed to be disabled by default."

yes but where i can deactivate this write to filetags in WSH Panel, can't find a option for this. i don't need to see how often i have played a file, neither in foobar or in the mp3 file^^

to Falstaff: i write a comment to the link above from shakey_snake, pls contact me for help, thanks in advance