Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Eole, a SMP/ColumnUI theme (Read 76933 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Eole, a SMP/ColumnUI theme

Reply #100
Every time I scroll down to the bottom of my artist list, foobar crashes with an out of memory error.
I'm using foobar2000 1.5.2 and have 8GB's of ram.
I have 53 artists, 98 albums, and around 1200 songs.
Cool story bro.

Reply #101
Quick message to thank you for your work. This is a very fine and delicate skin.

PS : I've not bothered to change and adapt a foobar theme since a veryyy long time, and your work did motivate me. Congratulations!

Reply #102
And while I'm here a question arise: how to have more than 3 filters in library view?

I can create a new one successfully, but it always the place of one of the 3 originals (GENRE, ARTIST & ALBUM). So I can't add for instance a proper dedicated DATE filter without loosing something else.

Reply #103
Every time I scroll down to the bottom of my artist list, foobar crashes with an out of memory error.
I'm using foobar2000 1.5.2 and have 8GB's of ram.
I have 53 artists, 98 albums, and around 1200 songs.

Just installed Eole today - exact same thing happening to me.

"Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.2.3 (GraphicBrowser v1.2.3.b14 by Ottodix)
Out of memory: 2454502/1073741824 bytes"

Keeps spitting out similar errors after I close each one.

Reply #104
Hello. I very like this theme. But i got an issue when group by genre. If Album tag by multi genre . I just can to show first genre or multi genre on the same line. Have any way to seperate each gerne to each line .
Sorry for my bad english.

Reply #105
Thanks for the superb skin. A couple of questions:
1) Can  you add a Playback order button available to the bottom bar "Visible buttons" selections?
2) How do you enter queue manager?
3) How to add a lyrics tab to the Library-Playlists-Now playing-Visualization bar?
4) This may be a bug (using 1.2.3 b14): Now playing and Visualization tabs are using using the light theme while in dark mode. I've used the dark/light switch exclusively.

Reply #106
Hey there, great theme, looks really clean. But I have a minor problem that i cant get to fix for some reason

The "Library" and "Playlists" dont have an enlarged Album Cover on the right side like the "Now playing" and "Visualization" tabs do. And sadly I dont have any idea on how to do anything with js. I also checked every Setting on the panels to try get that fixed but nothing helped.

Is there a way to activate that on those tabs or is it not supposed to be that way? Thanks!

Reply #107
There is quite a lot of post I didn't reply to...
Out of memory errors > Honestly, I don't know...
More than 3 filters > You can't !
Multi tags > they aren't supported by this theme

Thanks for the superb skin. A couple of questions:
1) Can  you add a Playback order button available to the bottom bar "Visible buttons" selections?
2) How do you enter queue manager?
3) How to add a lyrics tab to the Library-Playlists-Now playing-Visualization bar?
4) This may be a bug (using 1.2.3 b14): Now playing and Visualization tabs are using using the light theme while in dark mode. I've used the dark/light switch exclusively.

1) there is 2 buttons, one for repeat which cycle trough various options (the mouse tooltip will indicate the behavior of each option), one for shuffle. You can do everything with those 2 buttons, and otherwise, you can also do a right click any on the control bar.
2) by using a component like foo_playqueue manager
3) Sorry, too long to explain, it can't be done easily
4) The lightswitch button toggle between dark/light theme independently for each panel, it's the intended behavior

Is there a way to activate that on those tabs or is it not supposed to be that way? Thanks!
There is a button for that in the top bar, a icon which look like a little equalizer/spectrum visualizer (I was too lazy to make a new icon for this action, so it's not really appropriate. I'll do a new one later)

Reply #108
Hi.  Loving your work.  The only thing I can't figure out is a quick way to change output.  I like to use Wasapi (event), but if I want to change to Direct Sound I need to go Foobar>Library>Configure>Playback>Output>DS. 

Is it possible to add a button in the top right that would list available outputs and allow selection?

Thanks for your hard work!!!

Reply #109
Hi, your skin is awesome, had to give up on some sorting opcions i was used to on the clasic foobar, but the visual upgrade is way to nice haha, the only little issue that I have is when I import a new album to my library (usually i do this on itunes because it makes a backup of my full library wich is the one foobar searchs on), the album somehow loads de-organized on the "date added to library" sorting option.... i think it has to do on the order on which itunes copies the files...which i think is not in the album order
srry for the harsh english

quick edit, the album stays in that order afterwards, i though i figured it out yestarday changing the sorting tags but it seems not

Reply #110
Hi,
@tyronatyson756  I finally did changes for those out of memory issues.
@IrishMLK I don't want to spend time doing this for the moment. If someone give me a script which do that, I'll incorporate that to the theme though.
About this "date added to library" sorting issue, try the latest version.

Reply #111
@IrishMLK
DSP and Output instead of equalizer settings:

Reply #112
Fix for DSP

Reply #114
Maybe you'll say I'm too picky ...

As people that add new album releases on "MusicBrainz Picard," I consider the "date" tag (%date%) is the release date of a version of the physical or digital album.

The tag "original year" (%originalyear%) for creating a song (compilations) or album is much pertinante to sort his music.

For example, a compilation of Jazz 50s - 60 published in 2005 can not be summarized in %date% tag, that's why the tag %originalyear% exists.

I wish I could replace all the tag %date% by the tag %originalyear%, if possible with skin on "ColumnsUI".

Reply #116
OTTODIX:

Downloaded the master and applied it and it told me to update Columns UI.  I did that before trying the new Output select button and now I get the error below.  Oddly, when I replaced the WSHcontrols.js with the second version from APECR above, it worked... but it just didn't have the AUX cord-looking icon. 

Code: [Select]
Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.2.4-beta+1f130249 (Controls v1.2.3b16 by Ottodix)
arr[(idx - 1)] is undefined

File: WSHcontrols.js
Line: 2222, Column: 28

Stack trace:
  menuOutputAndDSP@WSHcontrols.js:2222:28
  build_buttons/buttons_right.Device<@WSHcontrols.js:603:4
  SimpleButton/this.onMouse@WSHcontrols.js:3303:26
  on_mouse_lbtn_down@WSHcontrols.js:956:11

Definitely not a deal-breaker, just wanted to share the error.  Thanks again!

Reply #117
I've submitted a pull request on github which fixes it. Try replacing the file with this...

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ottodix/Eole-foobar-theme/ac396fbcb3a8283d697680ee5f87a924db4c92d8/themes/eole/js/WSHcontrols.js

Reply #118
Merged into the master branch, thanks

Reply #119
Thank you Ottodix for bringing this theme back, I was using it for ages now, an very old version which disappeared from the web. But I stuck to it, because it was the best available skin. It probably still is, installing now. Thanks again!

Reply #121
Thank you Ottodix for this theme,
can you please add an youtube video tab
 thx in advance.

Reply #123
Hi,
Sorry to kill your hopes: I won't do it, sorry. This skin includes too many things already to my taste, I would rather remove some components than add new ones.

Reply #124
@ö123456
Modification within their abilities.
I removed something from what I have. And did not check how it works