Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_run (Read 602732 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #325
Do you have any idea, why the defined run services does not show up in the "Click action" of foo_graphicalbrowser component? It just lists "Run service" and nothing else.

Probably because graphical browser manages group of items and run services works only per one item
I know that you can select multiple items in playlist view and select run service but the service is valid only for the first item in selection
And yes, even playlist switcher allows run services (on first item in playlist) but not graphical browser (also can't handle drag & drop, multiple selection and some other context menu commands) - so don't be too surprised

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #326
I know that you can select multiple items in playlist view and select run service but the service is valid only for the first item in selection

That's not true, maybe you you should raise the number of simultaneous run in foo_run preferences.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #327
for amazon.de I just tried:

Code: [Select]
http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_ss_m?__mk_de_DE='%'C5M'%'C5Z'%'D5'%'D1&url=search-alias'%'3Dpopular&field-keywords=$replace(%artist%, ,+)&x=0&y=0

which works. Maybe the '%' character was the problem, you have to set it between (') to be interpreted correctly

hmm,
the foobar crashes all the time, if I run this service...
I press the button and foobar don't react anymore, I have to close it per task manager...

any suggestions why this happens?

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #329
Do it is possibile to add "ambient variable" support in path ?
f.e.:%$temp%
Ty.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #330
Can't get album art downloader to work, here's the code i'm using, got it from this thread:

C:\Program Files '('x86')'\AlbumArtDownloader\AlbumArt.exe -ar "$if2(%album artist%,%artist%)" -al "%album%" -p "$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)folder.jpg"

any ideas?

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #331
Think you need quotes around the complete path, this is mine:
"C:\Program Files\foobar2000\Album Art Downloader\AlbumArt.exe" /ar "%album artist%" /al "%album%" /mn 300 /mx 1000 /path "$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)folder.jpg"

You don't need to if2 the album artist. when album artist is empty it falls back to artist automatically.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #332
thanks man, that fixed it 

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #333
Not working for me with 1.0b1. Anyone else having trouble?

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #334
Upgrading to 0.3.7 makes it compatible with 1.0b1

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #335
I am trying to run streamripper and relay to foobar. So that I can right-click and choose rip stream on my playlist. My commands should be like this:

'"D:\Program Files (x86)\streamripper\streamripper.exe"' %path% -d "F:\radio" -D "%%A/%%T" -r 4444
'"D:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe"' [url=http://127.0.0.1:4444']http://127.0.0.1:4444[/url]

How I can put them both? If anyone has better idea to add relay stream to foobar directly, please let me know.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #336
I´m using a command file like this:

@ECHO OFF

start "streamripper" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Streamripper\streamripper.exe" "%1" -r -d C:\Users\Public\Streamrips

and start it with: ....\whateverfilename.cmd %path%

So, the streamrip is started but doesn´t interfere with foobar itself, so I can hear whatever station I want. The disadvantage is, you do have double streams this way, if you listen to the same station as you record, but I don´t mind; this way I´m independent

edit: but I think you can do the same with your commands: put both lines into one command file and start this from foo run...

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #337
Oh.. so I need to create batch file. I'll that later when I get home.. Thanks a lot for your help.

Moderation: Removed useless full quote of the preceding post.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #338
I am trying to get deeper into foo_run and there is one question: Why can't i call multiple instances of an internet browser though simultaneous runs are enabled? If there is a way can i also call multiple tabs instead of multiple instances?

Thanks! 

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #339
try to run url as a parameter of browser exe file instead of alone url as run command which runs browser instance every time

sorry for asking it again but can't get it work
need to search string "artist" and "title" in that case:
http://www.google.com/search?q=$replace(%artist%+%title%, ,+)+lyrics&ie=utf-8

how to put those ' there to make google use it?

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #341
%DISCOGS_ARTIST_URLS% can have multiple values. I'm working with

"C:\Programme\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -new-tab "%www%" -new-tab "$meta_sep(DISCOGS_ARTIST_URLS,"  -new-tab ")"

Does anybody know a more proper way?

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #342
I was unable to get Mp3tag to run using the previous posts in this topic - apparently spacing and quotes were the problems.  After trial and error, I finally got it to work:

One file:
c:\PROGRA~2\Mp3tag\Mp3tag.exe /fn:"%path%"

Entire directory:
c:\PROGRA~2\Mp3tag\Mp3tag.exe /fp:"$substr(%_path%,0,$strrchr(%_path%,'\'))"

This is for 64-bit versions of Windows.  For those still on x86, replace PROGRA~2 with PROGRA~1.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #343
I don't see the edit button so double post time:

For those interested in getting GenPUID to work with foo_run, try this:
cmd /k C:\genpuid_win32_1.4\genpuid.exe xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(yourkey) -r "$substr(%_path%,0,$sub($strrchr(%_path%,'\'),1))"

It will run all files in a directory through GenPUID.  Even if you don't use MusicBrainz, you can help out by using your CPU, so that those of us with bad CPU's don't have to GenPUID new songs ourselves

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #344
I was just wondering a few things?  How does one set up a foo_run for a website.

I was trying to figure out how to set it up for www.911tabs.com, but I can't figure out for the life of me the procedure to do it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Colin

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #345
http://www.911tabs.com/search.php?search=$replace(%artist%, ,+)&type=band

Type something like "FOOBAR" in to the search box and replace that word with "$replace(%artist%, , +)" in the URL of the search page.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #346
Thanks for the swift reply!  I tried that but when I search a band with multiple words in the title (ie. Cars and Trains), it only finds the first word (ie. Cars).  How do I make it so that it searches the whole %artist% field?

Also, what if I do a search and the URL isn't in that form.  Say it's like www.page.com/search/.  How would I go about adding that to the Run Service?

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #347
Whoops there should not be a space after the , and before + in my post ( ie. "$replace(%artist%, ,+)" not "$replace(%artist%, , +)".) The one in the code box should work fine.

As for the other search format, I haven't really these days come to a website that I want to use that way so I haven't investigated if there is a way.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #348
I think it is actually a problem with the "&" in the title of the band.  I think everything else works fine though.  Thanks!

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #349
Can anyone help?