Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Advice on terrible audio (Read 2150 times) previous topic - next topic

Advice on terrible audio

Hi sorry i'm new here and i was wondering how to fix the audio file on this youtube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTbU4SN9yQ0

I've tried my best to amplify and get rid of the background noise but the audio is still unsatisfactory. I just want to listen to it clearly without having to clip or make it sound unnatural (like robotic)

anyone care to give me any tips on how to make the guys in the video sound normal and clear?
maybe there are other effects i can use that will get the job done. I have very little experience with audio aside from the basic recording, clipping, deleting, amplifying, speed, and noise reduction techniques in Audacity.

Re: Advice on terrible audio

Reply #1
Filter out the hiss, then apply dynamic range compression so that the audio isn't so quiet.  Low pass filtering might help too given how low the signal is.

You'll probably not have great results though.  Looks like someone just screwed up and forgot to record the guy's mic.  Not much you can do about that.