Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Good Research Documentation (Read 10791 times) previous topic - next topic

Good Research Documentation

On the HA forums when users go to look a for research on particular subject such MDCT/FFT Transformations, Wavelet Packet Decompositions, MPEG ISO Standards, DSP etc. They may find the research papers they are reading to be either quite skimpy or to complicated for there basic needs. The purpose of this post overall is for users to list global research documentation overall that has a [suseptible] balance between Digital Signal Processing and Mathmatics, uniquely identifying the main parts of what the research documentation is set out to achieve overall and the essential mathmatical principles needed to explain the concepts without going into very specific detail. If anyone know's of anything along those lines that comes to mind whether that would be, FFT Transformations, Information Theory, Wavelet Packet Decomposions, etc. I would appreciate a list that all members could reach upon at global level. All you would need to do is simply list the research documentation and provide a link to where the Paper/Thesis could be found.

budding I.T professional

Reply #1
I'm not sure if this is the kind of info you seek, but i still believe it to be very useful for those wanting to learn about wavelets theory and possible applications:

The Wavelet Tutorial
She is waiting in the air

Reply #2
Programmer's corner of www.mp3-tech.org

;-)

Reply #3
My website ;-)

http://www.David.Robinson.org/papers

Seriously - my website will be gone forever in a few weeks - if you find any of it useful, you'd better download it now!

Cheers,
David.

Reply #4
Including decoders accuracy tests?

If you do not have any new location, I would be happy to host this test on mp3-tech.

Your thesis is already hosted ad vitam eternam on mp3-tech.

Reply #5
Michael McGoodwind :

Digital Audio CD and other Selected Digital Technologies. Based on Principles of Digital Audio, 4th Ed. by Ken C. Pohlmann and other sources

Kelin J Kuhn :

Audio compact disc - An introduction

Nika Aldrich :

Explanation of dither

The audio engineer's approach to understanding digital filters. For the idiot such as myself

Bob Katz :

http://www.digido.com

The Jitter paper, and it's sequels in the FAQ section, is the best explanation of the theory of audible differences between CDR, or digital cables.

Reply #7
Thank you all for your input and research documentation if you have any others feel free to list them. Out of the many you have listed I have looked over the Clemens research papers reaguarding an introduction for wavelets. The information in there was substantially good. I also breifly looked over the introduction to filter's that Pio listed I downloaded that to my desktop a few weeks back, it helped me to grab the basic concepts so I could understand the complicated mathmatics involved, but I thought the level at which is started was good for many users. I am also going to take into considerations looking over David Robison's paperss. The input is great, if you can think of anything else keep it coming.
budding I.T professional

Reply #8
To bring back this thread...

1 day left on my websites, then they'll be gone. Gabriel - can I email the mp3decoders site to you? Or do you already have it?

Cheers,
David.

Reply #9
What about replaygain.org? Will it also be removed tomorrow?

Reply #10
I grabbed your whole university website, so I have replaygain and decoder tests.

Reply #11
Cool. Well, if you do want to include them on mp3-tech.org then you're very welcome! However, they're increasingly out of date, and I have no time to update them.

Cheers,
David.
http://www.David.Robinson.org/
email David at Robinson dot org but not any other address, because they're all dead!

Reply #12
Well, I see that the mp3decoders.org and replaygain.org sites are officially dead now.

Gabriel,

Are you going to host David's pages now?  I would hate to see them lost to the public for a significant amount of time, especially considering their general excellence.  I can host them as well, if necessary.

ff123

Reply #13
HA could host the replaygain website, unless somebody else does it, (and if it's ok to 2BDecided).
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #14
HA could host the replaygain website, unless somebody else does it, (and if it's ok to 2BDecided).
is there a mirror somewhere or is it lost 4ever? 
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #15
It's not lost, but I assume nobody got an OK from David to put it up on another host (it is copyrighted after all...)

Reply #16
Perhaps I'll put they online this week-end

Reply #17
Perhaps I'll put they online this week-end

Ok, although Dibrom already got the "ok" to host the site at HA's server from David. I got the impression from Dib that we could host both the decoder site and replaygain-site. It would make sense, since lots of replaygain discussion happens here.
Well, at least it looks like it's gonna be online soon.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #18
Yes, I've already talked to David about this and he said it would be completely OK to host the Replaygain site here.  It'll probably be on a subdomain like replaygain.hydrogenaudio.org.  I'm waiting till after Friday to do this though because I have finals this week.

Reply #19
What about David's PhD thesis ? Is this still available somewhere ?
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Reply #20
What about David's PhD thesis ? Is this still available somewhere ?

I have it.  I can post it temporarily if you wish to download it. It's a 19Mb pdf file.

Reply #21
The thesis is available in the programmer's corner of mp3-tech.

Reply #22
The thesis is available in the programmer's corner of mp3-tech.

Cool, I didn't know that. Thanks, Gabriel.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.