Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist Import into Foobar2000 Mobile for iOS  (Read 1832 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist Import into Foobar2000 Mobile for iOS

I am happy to use foobar2000 for iOS. Currently I am transferring songs via FTP Server to my device putting them into the `foobar2000 Music Folder` and playback works as expected.  :D
When it comes to playing a subset of songs via playlist, I have not found a way for transferred .m3u playlists to the `foobar2000 Music Folder` on iOS being recognized by the application.  :(
Currently my m3u playlist contains one track name per line, e.g.  Line 1: track-name.mp3
In which format and where to add a playlist onto an iOS device such that it shows up under `Browse > Playlists` in the mobile application?
Thank you in advance for any hint or workaround!

Re: Playlist Import into Foobar2000 Mobile for iOS

Reply #1
I do like...(Android)

Create a Folder "PlaylistM3U" where i save my m3u files.
The songs need tho whole path to the music files like
/storage/SDCard/Music/filename.mp3

In Media Library "Playlist folders" add the folder "PalylistM3U"

Now under Browse it shows "Playlists [PlaylistM3U]"

Maybe it helps.
Warning: fb2k is addictive.

Reply #2
Thank you for your reply @zaede.
I created a folder `Playlist` under `~Documents/foobar2000 Music Library` in which m3u8 playlists or m3u playlist with UFT8-BOM encoding reside. Somehow other folders that I had created previously are now also showing up in the application.
My playlists contain relative paths, and it works out. For a description of my current sync-setup see the image attached.
To a moderator: My question has been solved – is there a way to classify this thread as such?

Reply #3
Now you make me curious about the relative path for the m3u file.

I tried with
../Music/filename.mp3

It doesn't work.
Warning: fb2k is addictive.

Reply #4
I did not try this out myself, but maybe change the folder's name in which the playlists reside to 'Playlists' (although it is not clear why the folder name should play a role, the documentation advises this name).
Otherwise my playlist files have identical path structure, besides the fact of files being located in subfolders in side the main folder 'Music'.
Good luck with this, hopefully you get it working!