Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: effect dsp issue (Read 1659 times) previous topic - next topic

effect dsp issue

can someone make effect dsp but with a resizable window so that i can have it in my layout without it being ugly as heck? (check photos) i would like it to be the same width as everything else. thanks.

Re: effect dsp issue

Reply #1
That would take resizable dialog elements which were not made easily possible until very recently with new SDK revisions.

Reply #2
i guess my best bet is dsp preset switcher then

Reply #3
oh also,  a plugin that detects bpm and loops a varied number of bars would be cool! like in virtual dj

Reply #4
Why do you want this from an audio player? Clearly this is functionality that is expensive to develop, and should probably be in a DJ app, not an audio player.

A BPM detector may make this remotely possible, but seeking around in files and looping them arbitrarily by BPM or beats is better left to the player core, and not a plugin that merely controls this existing player core.

Reply #5
.....Over my time developing things for the public for free, there is a common truth that people, when given an inch, will take the entire universe when it comes to what they expect from something, that again, is for free, and done completely in my spare time.

This is exceptionally draining not just mentally, but draining of time which could be spent for me doing things I actually need to do, like have a life, for one.

More and more is expected for free, and that support at any hour of any day is expected and if it doesn't meet people's expectations, then the wrath of Satan himself is spawned.

The first problem: resizable dialogs, is being worked on (as well as a complete rework of foo_dsp_effect), but as mentioned above, there is no ETA at all, if any, when it will be finished.

As for beat detection, that was indeed done before by me, with a multi-threaded fork of foo_bpm, with various other beat detection algorithms (all with completely different degrees of success, was pondering even adding Milkdrop's/AVS' beat detectors at some point since those seem pretty good).

Looping by detecting beats would take forever to do so on a noncommercial basis. And I already have decent sources of income anyway so I don't want to be paid to make such a thing.

Reply #6
relax buddy i just said it would be cool