Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help (Read 1371234 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help

Reply #4475
Ok i install Java Panel and your script, how can i merge Tumb script and Bio script in one panel

Reply #4476
Use now playing (basic) from the samples folder.

Reply #4477
O-o-o that is work thank you!

Reply #4478
one more question sorry :), i want to move wsh_data to another place  i found in helpers.js line
folders.data = fb.ProfilePath + "wsh_data\\"; and i want to modified on
folders.data = "D:\\Music\\artists\\" + "wsh_data\\" but i get crushed.

Reply #4479
i found mistake
folders.data = "D:\\Music\\" + "wsh_data\\";

Reply #4480
If you customise folder paths, you always have to make sure the parent folder already exists.

Reply #4481
Hi marc2003. I like your scripts. But is there a possibility for the thumbs script to have both last.fm and google pictures download option. So I can change to automatically download %artist% - %title% from google picture search.

Reply #4482
Hi marc, Last.fm & Wikipedia Biography & Thumbs from common7.js are no longer works. it didn't download images and biography anymore. can you help me?

I've also tried to install this https://github.com/19379/js-marc2003 but when I copy from samples folder, it always returns error with this code :

Ln: 45, Col: 1
<source text only available at compile time>

Reply #4484
I'm not sure this is the right right thread, but maybe can give me a hint.

I have installed customDB and I want to update tags from WSH panel. The tags should not be written to the file but to the customDB instead. I have set up the custom fields in the customDB config. However when I write the tag using curMetadb.UpdateFileInfoSimple() the file gets updated. Is this because the method bypasses the whole customDB mechanism?

Do you have any hint on how I can write to the database instead of the file using WSH?

Reply #4485
If you have a few preset values to write, you can create actions in the customdb preferences and then trigger them with fb.RunContextCommandWithMetadb.

If you want to write any random value, it's possible via the command line but it's a really ugly hack and doesn't always work.

Reply #4486
i am having a hell of a time trying to get the Cover mod to show all the images i want it to. It shows the album cover in the album's folder, but i am trying to also get it to cycle through a picture of the band in the band's root folder and the band's logo. The problem i am having is that once it displays one picture, it won;t display the next in line. For example, in Display Preferences i have the following under "Artist"
Code: [Select]
..\Artist.*
..\Folder.*
..\Logo.*

Now if it finds an image called Artist.png, then it won't do the remaining two. Or if there is no Artist.png, it will go to Folder.jpg and not display the logo.

Is there a better/easier way to do this? It would be nice if i could just have the mod display whatever images are in the album's folder and band's folder without having to specify. Is there a way to do that? I tried searching the forums for a script or something but couldn't find one.

Reply #4487
Your Github is down :(

Reply #4488
Still down. And my WSH Bio & Art panels don't seem to work anymore. Here's the console output :

Last.fm & Wikipedia Biography: <html><body><h1>503 Service Unavailable</h1>
No server is available to handle this request.
</body></html>

Reply #4489
Bump Bump Bump. Could somebody answer this, please ?...

Reply #4490
Could anyone please tell me where I could get hold of the Simple Text Reader script? I've been looking for it for ages. Each of my albums contain a text file of notes I've written about that album - I would love to be able to display those notes in Foobar (would also be great if I could edit the text file inside foobar2k but I don't think that's possible is it?)

Also another question while I'm here: I've seen things mentioned here about scripts/plugins which access Discogs and other music sites. Are any of these scripts/plugins able to tag songs with chart information? That's something I've wanted to do for a while - I was planning to use the mp3tag program to do it since I already have all the chart information I need in text files (UK top 40 charts since 1952).

Reply #4491
Could anyone please tell me where I could get hold of the Simple Text Reader script?
It's a sample included with the JScript Panel component. You can download JScript Panel here.

Reply #4492
It's a sample included with the JScript Panel component.
Thank you! I was already using JScript Panel but it must have been an old version without Text Reader. I've downloaded the latest version and there it is! :)

Text Reader is great, and does what I'm trying to achieve, though it would be perfect if I were able to edit the text somehow. That is a humble request.

Reply #4493
Not possible. What you can do..

1) right click the panel>Open containing folder
2) double click the selected file in Explorer to open it in notepad (or other editor if you've already set a different default)
3) after saving changes, make sure you right click the panel again>Refresh.

edit: just realised Open containing folder is greyed out if using in folder mode rather than specifying an exact file path. I'll fix this in the next update.

Reply #4494
OK, thank you Marc. All the stuff you have made is really good and really appreciated. :)

A few more quick questions…

1. I'm getting a little confused about the difference between "WSH Panel Mod script" and "JScript Panel". I seem to have them both installed. What's the difference between these two, and what does WSH stand for?

2. I'm using a tab stack in Columns UI. Does anyone know an easy way to change either the tab names, or the color of the tabs? (My theme is black background but the tabs are windows default colors.)

3. Request: I really like both the "Album art" and "thumbs" scripts, and I like the "crop" option, but I wish there was an option which cropped images that are ALMOST SQUARE (ie CD covers) while not cropping images that are a different shape. For example, if you are looking through artist photos, many of those photos will be tall and thin, and you don't want them to crop at all.

4. I really like the "Properties" script, though is there any way to make the left column narrower to give more room for the actual values in the right column?

Reply #4495
I'm only answering number 4 because it's easy. Right click the panel>Configure, insert this as the first line of code inside the on_paint function.

list.text_x = 150;

Adjust the value to fit your needs.

Reply #4496
Been a long time since I tweaked my player and thought I'd start updating it. Is there a new way to get playcount from last.fm?

Reply #4497
Thank you Marc! :) My first two questions are for anyone to answer!

Reply #4498
I'm getting a little confused about the difference between "WSH Panel Mod script" and "JScript Panel". I seem to have them both installed.
JScript is a component based on WSH Panel Mod.
WSH Panel Mod was no longer supported by it's author, so @marc2003 took upon himself to continue the development of the component under the name of JScript.

The differences between two components:
1. WSH Panel Mod is unsupported.
2. New features added in JScript.
3. Some features removed in JScript.
4. Some bugs fixed in JScript.
5. Some bugs introduced in JScript.

On a serious note: the only way to list all the differences is by viewing commit history on JScript's repository.