Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help (Read 1371241 times) previous topic - next topic

WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help

Reply #1925
I have one silly problem - i can't add user picture for genre in the script - now playing with last.fm bio. place help me. tenx.

i'm not really sure what you're asking. can you clarify?

(I want it to select my SimPlaylist instead of my ElPlaylist).  Is this possible?

simplaylist is default UI only and ELPlaylist is columns UI only. perhaps you meant ESPlaylist?

but i don't even know why i'm asking - it's not possible either way.

Reply #1926
I exploded my foobar2000 into pieces via Popup Panels but left the main window on Default UI for Facets (unfortunately the instance of Facets has to be recreated in a dozen seconds every time you reopen Facets...)

likewise I was hoping to use SimPlaylist's Search window, because I prefer it's custom search window over the default

Reply #1927
perhaps you could place ELplaylist popup panel over simplaylist to hide it?? probably a bit ugly though.

Reply #1928
Marc You are awesome!!!
Thanks so much!!

Definitely appreciate it!

Reply #1929
marc2003, your thumbs config changed recently. it used to center the image, center the thumbs, add arrows for scrolling through thumbs...

now it's very plain.

any plans on bringing back the nicer version?

Reply #1930
also, i'm still having trouble with your biography script crashing now and then. certain artists always make it crash, like Massive Attack and They Might Be Giants...

Code: [Select]
Error: WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm Biography by marc2003): Microsoft JScript compilation error:
Syntax error
File: D:\Apps\No Install\Audio\Players\foobar2000 DUI\marc2003\common6.js
Ln: 2509, Col: 6
<source text only available at compile time>

Reply #1931
Is it possible to fb.RunMainMenuCommand while simulating the SHIFT key?

(I can get the behavior by holding SHIFT while clicking the button that does fb.RunMainMenuCommand, but would prefer to "bake" the shift key into the script...)

Reply #1932
I have one silly problem - i can't add user picture for genre in the script - now playing with last.fm bio. place help me. tenx.

I would like to receive the following:

this view I made after hard moding kabuki's script. I can not do it on wsh. place help me

Reply #1933
any plans on bringing back the nicer version?

nicer in your opinion.  you can always continue to use the older version if you like. i just won't be updating it.

also, i'm still having trouble with your biography script crashing now and then. certain artists always make it crash, like Massive Attack and They Might Be Giants...

when i test those artists it works so i can only assume your downloaded cache files are corrupted. i need to check these files so find the on_metadb_changed function inside your panel. add this as the first line...

p.run("notepad " + p.data_folder + p.eval("$crc32(" + p.artist_tf + ")") + "\\artist.getInfo.json");

copy/paste the contents into [codebox ] tags here.

Reply #1934
i just won't be updating it.

Quick question about your 'text viewer' script - is there a way to use wildcard with it, e.g. path/*.txt ?

thanks in advance!

Reply #1935

when i test those artists it works so i can only assume your downloaded cache files are corrupted. i need to check these files so find the on_metadb_changed function inside your panel. add this as the first line...

p.run("notepad " + p.data_folder + p.eval("$crc32(" + p.artist_tf + ")") + "\\artist.getInfo.json");

copy/paste the contents into [codebox ] tags here.

nothing happened but i found the file for Massive Attack. it was blank. so i deleted it and reloaded the panel, now it works.

thanks!

Reply #1936
samples updated: use the Online update feature on the context menu or download the full zip here. http://db.tt/BInQ3Abm

last.fm bio: better error handling. now prompts you to re-download if errors are encountered.
musicbrainz: now uses the json webservice instead of xml. you can delete all xml files from your profile\wsh_lastfm folder to tidy up.
simple text reader: added support for wildcards. it now supports the reading of txt and log files if you specify just the folder.

files changed:
marc2003\common6.js

Reply #1937
samples updated:
simple text reader: added support for wildcards. it now supports the reading of txt and log files if you specify just the folder.

with support like this, where's the 'donate' button?!

Reply #1938
Quick question re. the "thumbs" script - it doesn't work and produces an error message in Foobar:

Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Thumbs v6.2012-12-05.01 by marc2003, CODE: 0x80020101)
Check the console for more information (Always caused by unexcepted script error).

The only thing that I can see is that in the script, it has a line:

// @import "%fb2k_profile_path%marc2003\common6.js"

Whereas in the marc2003 directory, there are only common2, common3 and common4.js files.

Reply #1939
Extracampine, you will find this file in the download Marc posted above. Just put it where the common4.js is and you're good.

Marc, once again I have to ask for your help in adjusting the row height in the new common6.js please. I produce nothing but errors :S

Reply #1940
@extracampine, i'd extract the whole marc2003 folder again. a few images have been renamed/added since.

@Emerelle, i'd recommend not editing common6.js itself otherwise you wouldn't be able to update it without having to edit it everytime.

but assuming you mean for the last.fm bio/text reader, you can add this to your panel... this needs to go after the first line var p = new panel....

p.row_height = 26;

change 26 to whatever you like. the one downside to editing here is that if you change your font through the foobar preferences, this setting would revert to my default and you'd have to reload the panel.

if you meant row height for scripts with lists in like last.fm charts/similar artist/musicbrainz etc, you add these 2 lines to the on_size function in your panel. make sure they go after li.size();

li.row_height = 20;
li.rows = Math.floor((li.h - 30) / li.row_height);

only edit the value of 20 on the first line.

edit: i forgot to mention you need to get the latest update for the list edit to work. use Online update on the context menu.

Reply #1941
Thanks so much Marc, you are always so helpful. Chaning just the row height in bio panel will do.

Reply #1942
samples updated: use the Online update feature on the context menu or download the full zip here. http://db.tt/BInQ3Abm

musicbrainz: bugfix. would crash if artist not found
last.fm - similar artists - top tags - top fans - top albums - top tracks: bugfix. would display info from previous artist if switching to an artist that doesn't have it's own info.
last.fm bio / simple text reader / now playing with last.fm bio: bugfix. text wouldn't update properly after changing font through the main preferences.

files changed:
marc2003\common6.js

@Emerelle. using this latest version, your custom line spacing should now stick even after changing fonts.

Reply #1943
samples updated: http://db.tt/BInQ3Abm

new script: simple image viewer

these are the available options on the context menu.

it defaults to using the same folder as the playing/selected file for the source but you can change this using any title formatting you like. only specify the path to a folder. it will display all jpg/jpeg/png/gif files inside. you can scroll the images using your mouse wheel or by clicking the panel.

files added/changed:
marc2003\common6.js
samples\simple image viewer.txt

Reply #1944

artreader / simple image viewer: now has 2 crop options. one focuses on the centre of the image and the other focuses on the top.

files changed:
marc2003\common6.js
samples\artreader.txt

Reply #1945

for new users, an overview of the scripts contained in the package (skip to page 2):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/wsh/samples%20readme.pdf

simple image viewer: display a message when no images are found. before you'd see a blank a panel.
samples readme: added how you can help yourself and me if you find errors.

files updated:
marc2003\common6.js
samples\simple image viewer.txt
samples readme.pdf

all scripts now display their version in the foobar2000 console. you can check the latest versions here-

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/wsh/versions.txt

as most code is inside common6.js which can be updated via the right click Online update option, these will rarely if ever change assuming i don't find any more bugs.

Reply #1946
Hi Marc, is it possible to make a script like the one for musicbrainz, but instead using discogs?

Reply #1947
I have a problem with foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod. Some of my pictures embed in the song files are shown but some are not. What is the reason for that?

Reply #1948

new script: discogs

this is a quick and dirty bodge so report any bugs. it only contains master releases and will only display the first 100. i won't be adding support for pagination.
i looked at using releases to get more results but that can return thousands of hits for popular artists so i ditched that idea...

files added/changed:
marc2003\common6.js
samples\discogs.txt

@ngonngon, use utils.GetAlbumArtEmbedded to always prefer embedded art. using the other methods, the core artreader may decide other images are better.

Reply #1949
Hi everyone. Quick question about WSH Coverflow :

How can I increase the size of the font that displays the %album artist% - %album% information, without going through foobar's prefs > colors and fonts ?
I don't mind hardcoding that size in the script. I just need to know what to type and where to type it. Thank you. 

Optionally, how can I set that same font to bold ? (within the script too).