Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tagging Videos (Read 2705 times) previous topic - next topic

Tagging Videos

Well, I've read a lot of discussions here about the best ways of tagging your music files. I won't even dare to summarize them

But what do you people use to tag your video files? Or you don't do that at all. The only video format that I know that has a native tagging support is NSV. Have anyone tried to use, say, APE2 tags with AVIs or MPEGs?

-Eugene
The  greatest  programming  project of all took six days;  on the seventh  day  the  programmer  rested.  We've been trying to debug the !@#$%&* thing ever since. Moral: design before you implement.

Tagging Videos

Reply #1
I don't know anything about tagging MPEG files, but for AVIs you can use RIFF INFO tags, MovieID tags, or IDivX tags (there may be others). My favourite program to do this (although I don't use it much because I tend to use more modern containers, like OGM or Matroska) is abcAVI Tag Editor.
Hard work might not kill you, but why take any chances?

Tagging Videos

Reply #2
Thanks. Can I use vorbis comment in OGM files?

-Eugene
The  greatest  programming  project of all took six days;  on the seventh  day  the  programmer  rested.  We've been trying to debug the !@#$%&* thing ever since. Moral: design before you implement.

Tagging Videos

Reply #3
Can I use vorbis comment in OGM files?

Yes.
Hard work might not kill you, but why take any chances?

Tagging Videos

Reply #4
I don't know what it uses, but the way I tag my videos is by using NanDub, a popular variant of VirtualDub.

NanDub can tag files when you save them, so I load my movies into NanDub and set both audio and video to Direct Stream Copy and save a copy of the video.

Tagging Videos

Reply #5
I don't know what it uses, but the way I tag my videos is by using NanDub, a popular variant of VirtualDub.

NanDub can tag files when you save them, so I load my movies into NanDub and set both audio and video to Direct Stream Copy and save a copy of the video.

NanDub uses the same RIFF INFO tags as the abcAVI Tag Editor. But doesn't write as many

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']I worked a lot on the Matroska Tags[/span]