Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: how to record only sound from dvb-t tv? (Read 3274 times) previous topic - next topic

how to record only sound from dvb-t tv?

Hi, I'd like to record only the sound from dvb-t tv.
I want the original mp2 stream. I know there are
some pvr software that will record the mpeg2 video+sound
but I need to record only mp2 sound...
How to do this please?

Reply #1
I use VideoRedo for this.  It can output in elementary streams - ie, a separate stream for video and audio.

FFMPEG could also do it, using -vn and -acodec copy, with a suitable container format (MP2?).  But I am guessing if you don't know about FFMPEG already then you may find it pretty difficult to use.

Edit: to clarify, first I record the programme on my PVR.  It outputs it as an MPEG transport stream (TS), but you could also use a VOB or an MPG.  Then, I'd use VideoRedo to separate it by saving it as elementary streams, so you can save the audio to a separate file.

I mention FFMPEG because VideoRedo isn't free.

Reply #2
You could also use the free ProjectX or bbDMUX to demux the audio stream.
I'm on a horse.