Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Question about properties tab in DUI (v1.5 b1) (Read 1024 times) previous topic - next topic

Question about properties tab in DUI (v1.5 b1)

I have a question about properties tab in default UI, as you can see in the picture, it does not look as nice as the other info, if you know what I mean.

These fields would look nicer if they could look like the ones on the right:
<ENC_DELAY> 576 -> Encoder Delay  576
<ENC_PADDING> 708 -> Encoder Padding 708
<MP3_ACCURATE_LENGTH> yes -> MP3 Accurate Length yes
<MP3_STEREO_MODE> joint stereo -> MP3 Stereo Mode joint stereo

Will this be addressed in a future version of foobar2000?

Re: Question about properties tab in DUI (v1.5 b1)

Reply #1
Those "Other" tags are displayed like that because foobar doesn't know what to call them. But you can give then names and control where they show up in the properties dialog by editing them here:

Preferences > Advanced > Display > Properties dialog > Standard fields

Reply #2
I have a remark that is actually about the 1.5 properties dialog.
I have a Keyboard shortcut to go to properties and it goes to the Metadata tab.
I configured the same shortcut, with added Shift. this one goes directly to the Details tab. This no longer works in 1.5. Is it still possible?

I also have a Keyboard shortcut to "edit ReplayGain", but hey, that still works and is not used that often.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #3
I configured the same shortcut, with added Shift. this one goes directly to the Details tab. This no longer works in 1.5. Is it still possible?
Ah, that works again in 1.5 b5. Hard to keep up.
I mean thanks, so I don't have change habits on this  :) .
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #4
Confirmed working in 1.5 beta 5 as well.