Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [fb2k-0.9.6.8] Weird sort order in playlist (Read 4499 times) previous topic - next topic

[fb2k-0.9.6.8] Weird sort order in playlist

Hi!

When I sort my playlist I get following:

[space]...
#...
(...
[...
+...
A...
Z...

i.e. the titles with starting numbers are before the titles with space and symbols, while expected: space, symbols, numbers, letters. Is it a bug or such new feature of sorting? Can I change the sort order (collation sequence) manually?

Thanks!

Reply #3
I'm not seeing this behavior. I created a bunch of text files from the command prompt, named variations of boom, which both Explorer and foobar2000 (using Sort by File Path, or Sort by... %path_sort%) sorted as follows:

" boom.txt", !boom.txt, $boom.txt, 7boom.txt, 123boom.txt, 456boom.txt, boom.txt

Are you sure there is not some other factor going into the sort pattern?

Reply #4
I'm not seeing this behavior. I created a bunch of text files from the command prompt, named variations of boom, which both Explorer and foobar2000 (using Sort by File Path, or Sort by... %path_sort%) sorted as follows:

" boom.txt", !boom.txt, $boom.txt, 7boom.txt, 123boom.txt, 456boom.txt, boom.txt

Hm... for me "boom.mp3" example isn't working:
0boom.mp3
" boom.mp3"
[boom.mp3
aboom.mp3

What maybe wrong?

Reply #5

Sorry, forgot to tell: I use Columns UI, maybe the problem is within?...

Reply #6
I get the expected result clicking a column header in the CUI playlist, at least.

1. How/from where are you sorting? Give exact steps.
2. What OS? StrCmpLogicalW behaviours vary between operating systems. Did "boom.mp3" example sort correctly in Explorer?
3. Have you updated foobar2000, Columns UI etc. to latest version?

Reply #7
I get the expected result clicking a column header in the CUI playlist, at least.

2. What OS? StrCmpLogicalW behaviours vary between operating systems. Did "boom.mp3" example sort correctly in Explorer?

0. clicking on header gets same result
1. anywhere: "Sort incoming files by %path_sort%", "Sort by File Path" from main/context menus
2. Windows XP Pro SP2, NoStrCmpLogical=1, in explorer is all correct
3. yes, foobar 0.9.6.8 and cui 0.3.6.9 (didn't check experimental one)
also tried to remove all third-party components consistently (excpet CUI of course) - the same

Reply #8

Have updated CUI to 0.3.7.8 - the same result

Reply #9

Also tried CLEAN foobar 0.9.6.8 on different PCs with different OSes (XPSP2, XPSP3, 2003SP2, CLEAN VMwared XPSP3) - nothing - numbers are before symbols

Reply #10
What language are you using? Some code-pages have different sort orders.

Reply #11
"Sort incoming files by %path_sort%" might be the reason, because sorting in this case comes from the OS...

Reply #12

CP-1251, but it doesn't matters, because I tested 0.9.6.8 on English (US) CP-1250 system
%path_sort%, or %_path%, or %_filename% - the same results

Reply #13

CP-1251, but it doesn't matters, because I tested 0.9.6.8 on English (US) CP-1250 system

try this:

sort incoming files by:
[$stripprefix(%album artist%,the,a)] | [%date%] | [%album%] | [%discnumber%] | [%tracknumber%]

Reply #14

try this:

sort incoming files by:
[$stripprefix(%album artist%,the,a)] | [%date%] | [%album%] | [%discnumber%] | [%tracknumber%]

I have no ID3/APE tags in my files, that's why I use paths/filenames.

Reply #15
2all

tested: foobar2000 0.8.x, 0.9.4.5 and 0.9.5.0 work correctly.
0.9.5.1+ NOT!