Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Atrac To Cda - Intermediate Format (Read 3482 times) previous topic - next topic

Atrac To Cda - Intermediate Format

I am recording live with a SONY MZ-N1 and want to copy this to a CD.  Monkey has a lossless format.  I assume this is better than LAME MP3 files.  Has anyone experience with converting from ATRAC to CDA and what procedure would they recommend.

TIA
Nov schmoz kapop.

Reply #1
- Best way would be to record the digital output of the MD with the digital input of a non-resampling sound card.
- 2nd best way would be to record it through analog output of MD and input of soundcard, given that you use a reasonably quality sound card (Live! and above, for this particular in this case) and set levels properly so that there is no clipping or excess background noise.

Once you have recorded it into wav, transcoding is nor recommended, unless you use good quality profiles and formats, MPC recommended.

Reply #2
what about using a S/PDIF from the MD to a soundcard?
then getting the "ATRAC3 Decoder Software
version 0.98.15 D" from Sony or locate the ATRAC3 windows ACM.

i don't have a MD, but I do use, have used a ATRAC 3 software encoder/decoder.
so i dont know the hardware side of a MD. and how it could be set up to transfer to a PC without resampling. unless there is a S/PDIF connector on the MD.

but if you could get it to a PC in atrac3 format, there does exist decoders.