Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ripping to Ogg (Read 6179 times) previous topic - next topic

Ripping to Ogg

I'm wondering if there is a program that can rip my cd's directly to the ogg vorbis format?  I'm am getting tired of ripping them to .wmv, then making then .wav, then converting them to .ogg.  It's just taking soo much time and space. 

If anyone knows what is the best way to do it please let me know.

Thanks
"Truth suffers from too much analysis."
--Frank Herbert, Dune Messiah

Ripping to Ogg

Reply #1
EAC
CDex
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Ripping to Ogg

Reply #2
... I'm am getting tired of ripping them to .wmv, then making then .wav, then converting them to .ogg. ...

.wmv? Do you mean .wma? Is that the lossless version of WMA you're using? If not, that's a very bad move. From source -> one lossy format -> another lossy format will surely sound a lot worse than from source -> one lossy format period.

I agree with Nephaestous, CDex and EAC is the best choice for ripping. You could also use PlexTools (some say it works even better than EAC/CDex on their Plextor drive) if you have a Plextor drive and then use OggDropXPd to encode.

Ripping to Ogg

Reply #3
Yes, I meant, .wma.

I also downloaded EAC and I actually can't figure out how to get it to rip to ogg.  I'm pretty confused.  Any help?

Ripping to Ogg

Reply #4
Fixed it, nm, I'm using http://mareo.netfirms.com/

Thanks

Ripping to Ogg

Reply #5
I lied, I didn't figure out how to do it.  Could someone please make me some detailed instructions on how to rip my cds ogg?  Thanks

Ripping to Ogg

Reply #6
Use * but with external ogg encoder instead of mppenc. You'll find the external encoder in rarewares section.

To fill in the details, you need to do Forums-> General-> Frequently Asked Questions and read. If you can set an avatar, I'm sure you can easily do that

Here's a link to Hydrogen Audio FAQ. Read this, it'll solve most of your problems.

MOD:* No links to or names of ripping groups please.
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

Ripping to Ogg

Reply #8
I very much agree.
Use dBpowerAMP from www.dbpoweramp.com

It's an easy, free, accurate, versatile application that can rip to a lot of formats - including Ogg Vorbis.

Just download dMC (dBpowerAMP Music Converter) and click the Codec Central and download + install the Ogg Vorbis codec. Now you can rip to Ogg, and this application supports CDDB, title-formating and a whole lot of other nifty things - it's classy ripping made easy.

Ripping to Ogg

Reply #9
i think, the easyest way is to use CDex...