Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CLI Conversion with wavs - guessing tags (Read 1486 times) previous topic - next topic

CLI Conversion with wavs - guessing tags

Lately I have been ripping my vinyl and so far I complete it in a 4-5 step process:

1 - rip tracks to wav file, and save each track in the format Artist - (date) album - ## - Title.

2 - run foobar's CLI encoder with lame at cbr192.

3 - run foobars masstager to guess the tags from the filenames

4 - run the masstager to rename/move files into directory sturcture Artist\(date) album\artist - ## - title.

5 - find images etc using godfather or discogs.com.

What i want to know is, since i am converting the files with lame, is there a way that I could eliminate one or more steps by having lame tag the files as it converts them?

i have searched the forums and wiki, but maybe not enough. i have seen how to do it with eac, but not with foobars CLI and LAME (current recommended version).  does anyone know how to do this?