Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ogg Vorbis acceleration project (Read 190050 times) previous topic - next topic

Ogg Vorbis acceleration project

Reply #50
If there are no reports of any issues with this, then I'll add it to the normal Rarewares ogg page.

Just tested under both x64 Windows (7 and XP), it works.

Another question: what about merging lancer optimizations ?

Thanks for letting me know.

Unfortunately, the Lancer mods require inline assembler support and that's a no-no in x64.

Reply #52
oggenc264 is the last build posted here by lvqcl;

I think you mean the attachment in the post #27. And this is -- Lancer x64 build.

...I'm confused... 

Well, using the Lancer mods as used for the 32 bit build, the builds fail for 64 bit with both the MSVC and Intel compilers for the reason stated. Quite what the Lancer x64 build really is, I'd be interested to know.

Reply #53
Well, using the Lancer mods as used for the 32 bit build, the builds fail for 64 bit with both the MSVC and Intel compilers for the reason stated. Quite what the Lancer x64 build really is, I'd be interested to know.

64-bit patch was uploaded here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=668288
(it's patch64.7z file)

Reply #54

64-bit patch was uploaded here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=668288
(it's patch64.7z file)

Thank you kindly.  I'll get to this over the weekend, hopefully.

I guess I really should pay closer attention!!

Reply #55
all of these encoders fail on files that are 6+hours long(not sure how far below 6 hours you need to go for them not to fail)

Reply #57
task manager shows this exe being 32bit.........

Reply #58
Yeah, it's 32bit. It runs on my 32bit Windows, so it's not just a bad detection.

Reply #59
Yep, sorry guys!  Had the wrong file in it. Same link for the correct file now.

Reply #60
Thanks john33, sad to say but at least for me this encoder crashes with dbpoweramp/mediacoder/textaloud3 when attempting to test, windows dosnt even say the encoder crashed it just dosnt work....not sure why.....

went back to the other x64 lancer build (By the other guy) and it works......

Reply #61
Thanks john33, sad to say but at least for me this encoder crashes with dbpoweramp/mediacoder/textaloud3 when attempting to test, windows dosnt even say the encoder crashed it just dosnt work....not sure why.....

went back to the other x64 lancer build (By the other guy) and it works......

Hmmm, OK, odd, it works here under Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and XP Pro x64 but I'll take a look at it. Thanks for the feedback.

Reply #62
humm, strange, 7 x64 here as well, with or without compat settings it gives me same problem....frustrating, will mess with it some more soon, quite odd im having problems but your not......

Reply #63
Code: [Select]
Error converting to ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE), 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\02 Live For Him.flac' to 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\02 Live For Him.ogg'
  Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe  [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]

Error converting to ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE), 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\03 You Should Know.flac' to 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\03 You Should Know.ogg'

Error converting to ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE), 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\01 Intro.flac' to 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\01 Intro.ogg'

Error converting to ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE), 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\07 Time to Play.flac' to 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\07 Time to Play.ogg'

Error converting to ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE), 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\08 Open Your Eyes.flac' to 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\08 Open Your Eyes.ogg'

Error converting to ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE), 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\04 Above.flac' to 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\04 Above.ogg'

Error converting to ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE), 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\05 Original Superman.flac' to 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\05 Original Superman.ogg'

Error converting to ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE), 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\06 Guess Who's Won.flac' to 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\06 Guess Who's Won.ogg'

Error converting to ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE), 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\09 Something Real.flac' to 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\09 Something Real.ogg'

Error converting to ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE), 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\11 Reaching Out.flac' to 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\11 Reaching Out.ogg'

Error converting to ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE), 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\13 All Day Everyday.flac' to 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\13 All Day Everyday.ogg'

Error converting to ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE), 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\10 Unity.flac' to 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\10 Unity.ogg'

Error converting to ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE), 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\12 Galactic Groove.flac' to 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\12 Galactic Groove.ogg'

Error converting to ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE), 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\14 Father.flac' to 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\Pillar - Above\14 Father.ogg'
same kind of issue with other apps i try and use with it.....any ideas?

Mind you, the "ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE)" is the version I replace for testing.

Reply #64
OK, while I can find nothing that would be causing a problem, there is a fresh compile on the same link. Nothing has changed except that I tidied up the compilation a little. This was compiled on a 32 bit XP Pro system with x64 target using the Intel 11.1.065 compiler. While the compiler is also installed on the 7 x64 system, it is not installed on the XP x64 system. There are no dependencies on the Intel dlls so I'm not sure where any problem may lie.

I have tested this on Win 7 x64 Ultimate and XP Pro x64 with wav input, direct flac input (this version does support direct flac input) and piped input from the flac decoder. It worked fine, gave the same output and ran at exactly the same speed on both systems.

Anyone else tried this with, or without, issues?

Reply #66
all of these encoders fail on files that are 6+hours long(not sure how far below 6 hours you need to go for them not to fail)

At the expense of asking the obvious, I take it that you are using the "--ignorelength" option?

Reply #67
will check that when i get home from work, I was able to test the current build of your x64 encoder, and it strangely still fails, I will test more at home after work, just not sure why this is failing, no im not trying direct flac to vorbis at the moment.

Will there be a build that can do direct flac to vorbis in the future tho?

this version fails for me
http://www.rarewares.org/files/ogg/oggenc2...7-Lancerx64.zip

this version works fine
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ost&id=5536
found in post #27
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=672818

and yes, I have tested with direct .wav to vorbis, same issue
not sure why, I wont be able to test at work(no encoding apps setup at the office)

Reply #68
@john33: The file currently at http://www.rarewares.org/files/ogg/oggenc2...7-Lancerx64.zip , works here with a Windows 7 x64, and is correctly seen as a 64bit application (i.e. no "*32" shown in the task manager).

E:\>oggenc2.exe --help
OggEnc v2.85x64 (LancerMod [20100719](SSE3) based on aoTuV b5d [20090301])
(c) 2000-2005 Michael Smith <msmith@xiph.org>
& portions by John Edwards <john.edwards33@ntlworld.com>

E:\>oggenc2.exe PSY\DIGDREAMz.mod.wav
Opening with wav module: WAV file reader
Encoding "PSY\DIGDREAMz.mod.wav" to
         "PSY\DIGDREAMz.mod.ogg"
at quality 3,00
        [ 97,1%] [ 0m00s remaining] /

Done encoding file "PSY\DIGDREAMz.mod.ogg"

File length:  1m 37,0s
        Elapsed time: 0m 04,0s
        Rate:         24,2700
        Average bitrate: 113,5 kb/s

Mmm..... "SSE3".  All x64 processors support SS3, right?

Reply #69
Mmm..... "SSE3". All x64 processors support SS3, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE3 : "In April 2005, AMD introduced a subset of SSE3 in revision E (Venice and San Diego) of their Athlon 64 CPUs."

=>Early Athlons 64 (prior to revision E) don't support SSE3.

Reply #70
Hmmm, may be that's the issue. Would it be worth compiling up to SSE2 and seeing if that resolves it?

Reply #71
wouldnt think that would be the problem, My cpu supports sse4a(PhenomII 1055t)

Reply #72
Just tested on my office PC (Intel E2200/XP 64) and perfectly works with Foobar 1.1
F.O.R.A.R.T. npo

Reply #73
Hmmm, may be that's the issue. Would it be worth compiling up to SSE2 and seeing if that resolves it?

wouldnt think that would be the problem, My cpu supports sse4a(PhenomII 1055t)

Just a thought, maybe limiting to SSE3 will resolve the issue, as AMD's SSE4 instructions don't seem to have much in common with Intel's SSE4 instructions. (IIRC  POPCNT being the only one in common)

Reply #74
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. In the hope of resolving this, here are three compiles, this time with oggenc2.87:

SSE3 - http://www.rarewares.org/files/ogg/oggenc2...7-Lancerx64.zip
SSE2 - http://www.rarewares.org/files/ogg/oggenc2...cerx64-SSE2.zip
SSE - http://www.rarewares.org/files/ogg/oggenc2...ncerx64-SSE.zip

I have to say that for standard length song tracks, ie., approx. 4 mins, there seems to be negligible speed difference between them on a q6600 @ 3.2GHz and 8GB DDR2 although any difference will no doubt be more apparent on a longer encoding exercise.

Feedback and experience with these would be welcome.

TIA.