Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 880949 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1650
Hopefully there should be a new version of foo_uie_lyrics3 on it's way. I have had 3 tests versions from The vern over the last few weeks.

I thought I would point out this package that's been around for a while "Extend Sources For Lyrics3.fb2k-component" which contains 4 timestamp (sync) databases that are working and 1 unsync database (scroll down the web page until you see the package).
Hell, I've been looking for that chinese sources plugin for quite a while, could only find dead links. Seems like I've been looking in the wrong places. Thanks for posting this.

Not much of a help as they are (except for azlyrics) all in Chinese.

I'll just wait impatiently for the vern.

The sites are chinese, but they don't only have chinese lyrics. In fact, they have loads of stuff. I think even more than default sources ever had in terms of synced lyrics.

There is one major drawback though. The most useful of them do not support exact match search, or it is not implemented. So if you're searching for more obscure lyrics, you'll get a lot of wrong results and will have to click "next lyrics" several times. Sometimes a lot of times.

So yeah, we're all looking forward for the vern to update this.
Hello,

The custom source I've made one year ago for ML is still working. I just had to patch lyrics loading in a rush because of DNS who breaks about a month ago.

So if The Vern has no plan time to release an updated version in the following days, I can publish it if someone is interested. But you will have to be lenient because I am not very skilled at C++ so it must inevitably contain some memory leaks, or even worse.
Someone is very interested ;D

On a side note, how come the default fallback text has no progress bar?

Code: [Select]
$if(%search_state% $not(),$progress2(%search_progress%, 100, 25,'█','░'))$if(%search_state% $not(), ,No lyrics available. Tough luck. 

๐·°'('৹˃̵﹏˂̵৹')'°·๐)

Reply #1651
darklyrics database started giving me "Finished searching" response with nothing following it. Am I the only one?
Example track: KMFDM - Entschuldigung

Reply #1652
I am still wondering how to get this solved
?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<result errmsg="Search ID or Code error!" errcode="32006"></result>

Reply #1653

Check which database gives you the error by right clicking and choosing "about current lyrics", then disable it in preferences.

Reply #1654

Check which database gives you the error by right clicking and choosing "about current lyrics", then disable it in preferences.

The only one working is the Local tags,as for Timestamped 2 and local file search throws out that error
As for the rest,keeps on finding nothing (Tried Bunch of newer tracks,Classic rock,Japanese,Korean bands/artists) some of the songs I tried,I particularly remember there being synced lyrics

Reply #1655
The only one working is the Local tags,as for Timestamped 2 and local file search throws out that error
As for the rest,keeps on finding nothing (Tried Bunch of newer tracks,Classic rock,Japanese,Korean bands/artists) some of the songs I tried,I particularly remember there being synced lyrics

Local file search probably gives you that error because you have automatic lyrics saving enabled, and it saved that error message as lyrics into files, and then reads them from those files because local files search is higher up in the order list.

Apart from that, most, if not all, stock lyrics databases are now dead or useless. I mean, they may not actually be dead, just no longer accessible through this plugin. If you want to get any lyrics with this plugin, you'll have to install custom sources.
I know of :
Azlyrics plugin (lots of non-synced lyrics)
Metal-archives plugin (some rare metal lyrics)
Chinese sites plugin (loads of synced lyrics, but no exact match search, so it gives a lot of garbage results you have to click through on more obscure lyrics)
You can find them in some of the above posts.
Also check out ESLyrics plugin. It has it's pros and cons, but I started to use it as default lyrics plugin, and use Lyrics Show as a fallback.

Reply #1656

Local file search probably gives you that error because you have automatic lyrics saving enabled, and it saved that error message as lyrics into files, and then reads them from those files because local files search is higher up in the order list.

Apart from that, most, if not all, stock lyrics databases are now dead or useless. I mean, they may not actually be dead, just no longer accessible through this plugin. If you want to get any lyrics with this plugin, you'll have to install custom sources.
I know of :
Azlyrics plugin (lots of non-synced lyrics)
Metal-archives plugin (some rare metal lyrics)
Chinese sites plugin (loads of synced lyrics, but no exact match search, so it gives a lot of garbage results you have to click through on more obscure lyrics)
You can find them in some of the above posts.
Also check out ESLyrics plugin. It has it's pros and cons, but I started to use it as default lyrics plugin, and use Lyrics Show as a fallback.

Can you link me to Azlyrics/ESLyrics can't seem to find them (Never installed other plugins before)

Reply #1661
Hello,

Well, sorry for the little delay, I am a little busy too. Here is the ML source, it is provided as is, with all its drawbacks and flaws, I couldn't be held responsible for anything related to its use. Enjoy it. :D

N.B.: Please, don't forget to delete/uninstall it as soon as The Vern come back with a fixed version in order to avoid any conflicts.

Reply #1662
Hello,

Well, sorry for the little delay, I am a little busy too. Here is the ML source, it is provided as is, with all its drawbacks and flaws, I couldn't be held responsible for anything related to its use. Enjoy it. :D

N.B.: Please, don't forget to delete/uninstall it as soon as The Vern come back with a fixed version in order to avoid any conflicts.

Works fine so far, thanks a lot, great job!

Reply #1663
Hello,

Works, brilliant.

Reply #1664
To get Azlyrics working in Lyrics Show 3 "()" and "the" prefixes need to be removed from artist and title.

In references->Search parameters
Artist:
[$stripprefix(%artist%)]
Title:
[$replace(%title%,$char(40),,$char(41),)]

Reply #1665
New version uploaded - 0.5. It's on the repository.

Sources are now functional as well as some background small behind the scenes changes (it now uses the foobar http client for most internet requests)

Enjoy

Reply #1666

Sources are now functional as well as some background small behind the scenes changes (it now uses the foobar http client for most internet requests)

Enjoy
Great news!
Again, the databases are not named. Not that I mind it, but it's not clear if any of the user-made databases have been rendered redundant with new release. Can you shine some light on that?

Reply #1667
Also, are databases like Timestamped 2a, Timestamped 2b, etc the same database with different search parameters? If so, what are the parameters?

Reply #1668
Thank you very much for update vern! Timestamped 3 is the best for now!
However Timestamped 5 always finds lyrics for different song. Only artist is correct

PS some of you ask so stupid questions that I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Names of servers? Search parameters? Please...

Reply #1669
Hi,

Glad to see you back again! And that you finally managed to fix native ML support, my source plugin has not been useful for a long time. ^^

Again, the databases are not named. Not that I mind it, but it's not clear if any of the user-made databases have been rendered redundant with new release. Can you shine some light on that?
Not sure that The Vern would appreciate those details to be disclosed publicly here in the eyes of Googlebot, but I can tell you in PM if you want. And regarding to the three T.S. 2*, they all lead to the same server, so I don't think there is much, if any, differences.

Reply #1670
Thank you to The Vern for the 0.5 update!  Everything works here better than before, with one exception.  If I have Online DB: Google Search selected and a result is returned from that DB, foobar2000 crashes when the attempt is made to load the lyrics.  I'm running foobar2000 v1.2.3 for better compatibility in Wine under Linux, so if this error cannot be reproduced elsewhere, that might be why.  I'm reporting it just in case anyone else is seeing crashes and having trouble tracking them down.  The workaround is simple, I just don't select Google Search DB.  It's nice having so many DBs to choose from now!

Reply #1671
Not sure that The Vern would appreciate those details to be disclosed publicly here in the eyes of Googlebot, but I can tell you in PM if you want. And regarding to the three T.S. 2*, they all lead to the same server, so I don't think there is much, if any, differences.
I also would like to know more about it: I see 8 different TS sources and it is not clear to me which I am supposed to use.

As a side note, I noticed that when a song has both the LYRICS tag and a local lyrics file, the latter is loaded even if "Tag Search" is the first item in Search order: is this normal?

Thanks.

Alessandro

Reply #1672

Enjoy

Thanks! It's working perfectly.

Reply #1673
Hey, is there any filter I can use if ALL my tags are "##. Title"? (changing this is not an option)

Reply #1674
Hey, is there any filter I can use if ALL my tags are "##. Title"? (changing this is not an option)
Well, if general foobar syntax works, then something like
$right(%title%,$sub($len(%title%), 4))
should work.