Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: REACT + FLAC and AAC (iTunes) (Read 2596 times) previous topic - next topic

REACT + FLAC and AAC (iTunes)

I have finally managed to get EAC and REACT setup to rip to a FLAC+Cue file. I was hoping to be able to mount this file on my mac and have iTunes rip to AAC from the FLAC+Cue. I guess there is no way to mount it the FLAC+Cue file so that is out. I was wondering if any one could help me to get REACT to also rip to AAC (through iTunes) since I'm still very new to it. I like how the FLAC part works so I just want to add the AAC part. Thanks!

Oh and I rip to a FLAC image, not individual tracks.

Reply #1
1. Download NeroAacEnc and put it in REACT's Encode folder. It's better than iTunes AAC encoder.

2. When you combine the FLAC_MP3-image.txt and the WV_MP4-image.txt config you can make FLAC_MP4-image.txt:
Code: [Select]
!Description=FLAC image with embedded cuesheet and EAC log with MP4 track files

!ImageExt=flac
!CuesheetExt=flac.cue
!destdir1=@musicdir@\IMAGES\$cdartist$
!destdir2=@musicdir@\MP4\$cdartist$\($year$) $album$

start @encdir@\albumart.exe "@artist@" "@album@" "@destdir1@\@basename@.jpg"
@encdir@\flac.exe -5 -f --replay-gain "@source@" -o "@image@"
@encdir@\Tag.exe -t "ARTIST=@artist@" -t "ALBUM=@album@" -t "YEAR=@year@" -t "GENRE=@genre@" -t "COMMENT=@comment@" -t "TOTALTRACKS=@numtracks@" -t "FREEDB=@freedbid@" -t "CRC=@crc@" -f "CUESHEET=@cuesheet@" -f "EACLOG=@eaclog@" "@image@"
move "@sourcedir@\@basename@.*" "@destdir1@"

set out2=$n - $~t
set compilation=false
if "$cdartist$"=="Various" set out2=$n - $~t ($~a)
if "$cdartist$"=="Various" set compilation=true
@encdir@\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@destdir2@\%out2%.m4a" --pipe "@encdir@\neroAacEnc.exe -q 0.5 -ignorelength -if - -of $#o & @encdir@\AtomicParsley.exe $#o --writeBack --compilation %compilation% --artist $#a --album $#T --tracknum $n/$numtracks$ --title $#t --year $#r{DATE} --genre $#r{GENRE} --comment $q@comment@; ID: @freedbid@$q" "@sourcecuesheet@"
del "@source@" "@eaclog@"
REM cd /d "@destdir2@"
REM @encdir@\aacgain.exe /a *.m4a
[/size]

3. Optionally, you can download aacgain.exe (search) and uncomment the two last lines (remove the REM's), which will apply album gain normalization to the M4A files.

Reply #2
Very weird you suggested that. I actually did that this morning! I should have posted and it seems to be working pretty well. I'm just trying to get it to add album art to the tags for the aac files. I updated AtomicParsley and now it says --writeback is an unknown option. I'll have to check that out. Also every track has a comment that reads "track 2" ... i'm not sure there that is coming from though. Thanks!