Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WMP Tag Plus - MPEG4, Vorbis and FLAC metadata support for WMP (Read 517601 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: WMP Tag Plus - MPEG4, Vorbis and FLAC metadata support for WMP

Reply #800
Yes, I'm already aware of this. The same issue also happens on the latest preview builds of Windows 10. I'm planning to release a new beta version soon that will definitely fix this on Windows 10. I'm hoping that it will also help on Windows 11 but I can't be 100% sure since I haven't been able to install the Windows 11 preview yet.

Reply #801
WMP Tag Plus works fine on my build of Windows 10 21H1 except that, AC/DC show as AC and 10,000 Maniacs shows as 10 but only when playing MP3's. Flac's are fine. Can't be sure if this did this in a previous build? I can confirm it doesn't work in Windows 11. Get a component missing error when opening WMP. And Thank You for your continued support of WMP Tag Plus.

Reply #802
AC/DC show as AC
"/" is a separator in the ID3 standard up to 2.3 (I mean, seriously ... but so it was.)
Several taggers work around it, but you cannot expect it to work everywhere.

Reply #803
OK. Here is what I was able to find out with regards to Windows 11 WMP. The tagging is a little bit better. There is still problems with artists like 10,000 Maniacs and AC/DC if they are Flac. Just add 10,000 Maniacs and/or AC/DC to the Album Artist tag. This allows artists to show correctly in WMP. Also with AC/DC in MP3 files. Use ID2v2.4. This allows MP3's with AC/DC to display correctly in WMP & WMC. I imagine the same would apply to other artists but these are the only 2 I came across. I know WMP Tag Plus performs other functions and has been a great help... Thank You! But maybe finally, WMP performs the way it should have all along, with a little tweaking.

Reply #804
Announcement: a first beta version of WMP Tag Plus 2.12 is now available for download here. This fixes the "One of the core components of WMP Tag Plus is missing or failed to load properly" error message at WMP startup on the Windows 11 preview, as well as on more recent Windows 10 preview builds.

As this is a beta version, it's possible that it still contains some bugs. Please let me know if you encounter any problems, so I can fix them for the final release. Thanks!

Reply #805
I just tried 2.12 on Windows 11 latest beta release and it's working thanks.

Reply #806
That's good to hear, thanks for giving it a try!

Reply #807
Hello Tim,

I have recently installed a Windows 11 preview.  WMP Tag Plus is not functioning. When WMP starts up, i get the following error:

---------------------------
WMP Tag Plus
One of the core components of WMP Tag Plus is missing or failed to load properly.

Please try reinstalling WMP Tag Plus or contact the author if the problem persists.
OK  

I tried reinstalling it as suggested, but no joy.  So now I get to tell the author about it instead.

LuDean

Reply #808
Ok. I just downloaded the beta. WMP Tag Plus started up without issues.  I have yet to actually edit a tag because I have to move my music collection to the new OS. I'll get back to you if I have any issues.

Reply #809
Link for new beta version not working for me?

Reply #810
The link to the beta download still works fine on my system, can you try again please? If it still doesn't work, please report back the error message.

Reply #811
IE11, Edge and Chrome all say they can't connect in one way or another. Tried on different PC's running Windows 7, 10 & 11 with the same results. Can't even access your web site anymore? Is someone or something blocking?

Reply #812
Works for me in the UK. I doubt it's being deliberately blocked by the webhosting provider unless you live in a hostile state!

Can nslookup resolve the IP address? From a command prompt...

Code: [Select]
nslookup bmproductions.fixnum.org

I get...

D:\Windows\system32>nslookup bmproductions.fixnum.org
Server:  homerouter.cpe
Address:  fe80::8abf:e4ff:fef4:fd04

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    bmproductions.fixnum.org
Address:  185.182.56.99

If that fails, you have a localised DNS issue which is presumably provided by your internet service provider.

Reply #813
I get this?

> nslookup bmproductions.fixnum.org
Server:  bmproductions.fixnum.org
Address:  185.182.56.99

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to bmproductions.fixnum.org timed-out

Which is what appears to happen when I click the link, timeout.

Reply #814
You could try setting an alternate DNS server such as google

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using#windows

If they're too evil, you can google search for alternatives.  ;D

Reply #815
I ended up turning off my Wifi on my phone and downloading to there. Got it! Thanks snotlicker for pointing me in the right direction. Why my provider (Spectrum) is now blocking this is beyond me???

Reply #816
I previously reported that WMP seemed to be reading FLAC tags correctly... I spoke too soon. All of a sudden, WMP would read random FLAC tags as Unknown Artist. I am back to using WMP Tag Plus! Can say that it resolved my problem in Windows 10 21H1 and Windows 11. Thanks Tim De Baets for your continued support.

Reply #817
You're welcome! Nice to hear that you were able to download after all and that the plug-in is still useful.

Reply #818
I ended up turning off my Wifi on my phone and downloading to there. Got it! Thanks snotlicker for pointing me in the right direction. Why my provider (Spectrum) is now blocking this is beyond me???

I have Spectrum and it both resolves and pings from here.

% ping bmproductions.fixnum.org
PING bmproductions.fixnum.org (185.182.56.99): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 185.182.56.99: icmp_seq=0 ttl=48 time=170.397 ms
64 bytes from 185.182.56.99: icmp_seq=1 ttl=48 time=173.497 ms
64 bytes from 185.182.56.99: icmp_seq=2 ttl=48 time=176.451 ms
64 bytes from 185.182.56.99: icmp_seq=3 ttl=48 time=184.000 ms
^C
--- bmproductions.fixnum.org ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 4 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 170.397/176.086/184.000/5.046 ms

Maybe your local Spectrum DNS servers are having trouble. They do use local DNS servers for each region. Try using alternative DNS servers in your router settings, if at all possible, if this happens again.

You could also try reporting it to the Spectrum forum on DSLReports.com, some of the techs do hang out there, I think.

Reply #819
Nope, just request timed out

Reply #820
Just a tip... I use Shark007 Standard Codecs for movies. If you install the Shark007 codecs AFTER removing WMP flac support in regedit and then installing WMP Tag Plus, it will screw up WMP Tag Plus by placing flac entries back into the registry. Not sure if other codec packs do this? So Shark007 needs to be installed first, then make the registry changes and install WMP Tag Plus. And I imagine updating Shark007 codecs puts the flac entries back into the registry again. Sorry if this was already discussed. Thought it might help?

Reply #821
Amazing that people still feel the need to use codec packs. Just the other day, I saw someone on Reddit, discussing how they were attempting to install the K-Lite Codec Pack... in a Wine prefix, for their media playback needs.

Reply #822
Hi, on a fresh installation of windows 10 and wmp tag plus 2.11, I get the following error:

Tried uninstalling and re-installing but it didn't help. Plugin is not working, it appears as disabled, though the check mark is there. Please advise

EDIT:
I just discovered that there is a 2.12 beta version that resolves the issue. I just installed it and it seems alright. I'll play with it for sometime and if I face any issues, I'll come back here. Thanks

Reply #823
Intermittent Album Art In Windows 11
I have a pretty large music library, all in flac. I use WMP Tag Plus so that WMP/WMC will properly read the flac tags. Each file has an embedded 600x600 album art as well as a folder.jpg in each folder at 600x600. I'm currently using Windows 11 but later versions of Windows 10 caused the same problem (I think). It seems after a restart, if I enter WMC and go directly to Music sorted by Album Artist, the Album Art will show. If I enter Movies (or some other function) if I go back to Music, the Album Art doesn't show, just the generic art. I don't remember having this problem in earlier versions of Windows 10, just the later versions. Also, I noticed Album Art is downloaded to C:\Users\*******\AppData\Local\Microsoft\ehome\Art Cache at my original 600x600 art. So WMC has a few areas to pull the Album Art from but it still doesn't show up. Is it because the Album Art is too big? I know WMP/WMC shrink the Album Art to 200x200 but I prevent that with a regedit and during setup of WMP. Looking for any help with this. Thanks

Reply #824
Just to confirm, this issue is specific to WMC and doesn't occur in WMP, right? I'm afraid that I can only help with WMP issues, as my experience with WMC is non-existing...