Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559393 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7752
hello

i have 4 layouts in my fb-installation (CUI). the individual layouts are selected via buttons.
is it possible to query the currently active layout?
i would prefer the "hot image" (button) of the currently active layout to be displayed. instead of the "normal image".
or what else could be done so that i can display the current layout? (in "main window" or "status bar" of CUI)

thanks in advance

Reply #7753
Hello musicmusic

in cui version 1.7.0-beta 1, the "use custom text" is never shown on the buttons.
only the normal text is displayed when you move the cursor over it. this was also the case in version 1.6.0.
furthermore, after switching to another layout, no text is displayed for any button. only after restarting fb.

please correct - thank you

Reply #7754
@musicmusic

(furthermore, after switching to another layout, no text is displayed for any button. only after restarting fb.)

sorry my fault - works correctly
window is not fully activated after switching over

Reply #7755
hello

not sure if this is a CUI-, or coverflow-, or FB-problem.
i am using:
FB version 1.6.7
CUI 1.7.0-beta2 (but also tried with 1.6.0; doesn't work either)
coverflow 0.5.2

I have installed coverflow. it works perfectly.
now i want to move coverflow from one tab-stack to another tab-stack in the layout.
in the layout: right click on coverflow + copy panel.
in the new tab-stack: right click + paste panel.
the panel is not inserted !? it works with the other panels.

now i wanted to insert the coverflow-panel in the new tab-stack. coverflow is not displayed in the selection list !? but the other panels are all displayed.

I don't know why this doesn't work. I hope someone on the forum can help.

Thanks !

Reply #7757
thank you marc2k3 for the explanation

Reply #7758
Assuming what I said was accurate, I guess a case could be made for disabling/hiding the copy command on panels that present themselves as single instance only. But I suspect taking that in to account when copying splitters that might contain it is a whole other world of pain/difficulty. :P

Reply #7759
I really miss Columns Playlist
YouTube Music

Reply #7760
Message to Music Music:

I just updated to Columns UI 1.7.0 and I see that it is equal to beta 2
I have had a great disappointment because I expected some of my requests to be scheduled and I checked not.
I would like that in a next version you could include the requests I made a few months ago:

Reply #7722
Desde <https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=28647.msg1001769#msg1001769>

Reply #7683
Desde <https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=28647.7675>

Reply #7761
CUI 1.7.0
musicmusic, I recognised that %list_index% does not work at CUI > Notification area > Tooltip title formatting script (as pop-up balloon text).
Just playing around and recognised that %_playlist_number% still survived in my setup..now finally dropped in display script (as it also does not work in converter etc)..using the end of the year might be a good time to do some general cleanup :D

Reply #7763
Plus things like masstagger according to the built-in help. But, indeed, I can't reproduce either %list_index% or %_playlist_number% working there in DUI or CUI.

Are you seeing something different? It could probably be added on CUI's side, but I think it'd be better implemented in the core.

Reply #7764
I think it'd be better implemented in the core.

Not sure what you mean by this?? Right now we have 2 "proper" playlist_manager methods with full support for %list_index% and friends (playlist_item_format_title and activeplaylist_item_format_title). Obviously these require valid playlist item indexes which you'd typically get from iterating a playlist (or visible portion of it).

Outside the context of a playlist view, it is possible to utilise playlist_manager get_playing_item_location to retrieve the necessary indexes to use with the above method. But how do you get updated values when they change? Now you need a class derived from playlist_callback in addition to play_callback which is a whole new can of worms. Not sure it's something I'd fancy if my initial goal was to display metadata about the playing track only.

edit: since masstagger etc only get a bog standard handle list with no concept of playlists/playing items, I'd assume they use title format hooks but I really have no idea. :P

Reply #7765
Now you need a class derived from playlist_callback in addition to play_callback which is a whole new can of worms.
I didn't make any comments on how the API should be designed (or even if it should backwards compatible) ;)

But the point of implementing it centrally would be to have consistency between components, and to minimise the work each component needs to do (that includes what callback events they need to monitor).

From the perspective of the code formatting the main window title, notification icon title etc., for the most part it doesn't care what the event is, it just wants to know when a field corresponding to the selected t_display_level changes. (Actually working out which events you need to monitor isn't that obvious, really, which is probably why playback_event_notify now exists in the SDK.)

Reply #7766
Thanks musicmusic and marc2k3
%list_index% works for titleformatting, file name pattern, in 'File Operations' and 'Convert'er. Here it's slighty different than in playlist-view though as it more like an selection-index, selecting 3 files results in index 1,2,3 independent from their list-index in playlist-view.
Though it might make more sense in that context it's still not 100% consistent. Sure, or context-dependent, if someone wants to nitpick and point to better lists to use with fingers nearly sticking my eye :)
Just recognised that it works there.
%list_index% does not work in 'notification area icon tooltip', same DUI and CUI, sure, probably as being 'Playlist-only'.

Maybe it makes sense to make %list_index% and %list_total% available everywhere. And introduce %sel_index% and %sel_total% 8)

used usecase:  good old silver-plates as birthday gift, evaluation and pre-listening, re-sorting :))

Reply #7767
I have been using fb2000 for some years but still a relative newbie.  I see that the latest version of cui is 1.7.0 but can not find where to download it from.  Please, will someone show me?

Reply #7768
I have been using fb2000 for some years but still a relative newbie.  I see that the latest version of cui is 1.7.0 but can not find where to download it from.  Please, will someone show me?

You can download it as well

Reply #7769
I think this is related to Columns UI, if forgive me. In the playlist view I have Appearance>Headers>Show disc sub-header selected. Is there any way to edit it to show the Disc # without tagging the DISC field like "1/3", "2/3", "3/3"? I usually just tag the DISC field as "1", "2", "3", but it doesn't seem to display the disc # sub-header if tagged that way. It also does not display the disc sub-header if the DISC field is tagged "1/1" which I like and which makes me think there is somewhere I can't find to change the settings of this. Thanks!

Reply #7771
Hi musicmusic.
I couldn't find if this had been brought up already, though I'd be surprised if I was the first. Would you consider adding another Buttons panel Appearance option to turn off vertical edges/padding? I have two long rows of square black buttons, and would like to rid my otherwise dark interface of some unwelcome grey lines. The only way I know how to crack this nut is by using the sledgehammer that is changing Windows color settings.
Thanks.

Reply #7773
Unfortunately, changing the divider width doesn't help here. If you look carefully you'll see those are not dividers; if they were, the centre & top dividers would be the same size. Those lines are actually white space in the Buttons panels.

Reply #7774
I believe an upcoming version will address this issue but for now, you can put the buttons inside a Panel Stack Splitter, change the background colour of that and it will affect the buttons background like this...

http://foo2k.chottu.net/