Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cuetools and unable to locate the audio files. (Read 2729 times) previous topic - next topic

Cuetools and unable to locate the audio files.

Hi guys, I downloaded an album in flac from web ripped with XLD. But when I put cue file in Cuetools I get this message: unable to locate the audio files. Cue file appears to be ok. What is the problem?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Always account for the change."

Re: Cuetools and unable to locate the audio files.

Reply #1
FILE "CDImage.wav" WAVE

If it is a FLAC this should be
FILE "CDImage.flac" WAVE
TheWellTemperedComputer.com

Reply #2
The problem remains...The album is already divided into individual track. I want to check with accuraterip in cuetools but I get that message.

Reply #3
The CUE is for a single Image file. Don't use it to verify tracks. CUETools can process the tracks without a CUE if tagged properly.

X

If TRACK 01, INDEX 01 didn't start at 00:00:00 then you should transfer that info to the Pregap box

korth

Reply #4
I can't do anything Korth. I can't even create a single wav or flac file. Still says unable to locate the audio files.

Reply #5
Please explain step by step what you are trying to do within CUETools. How are you selecting the INPUT?

My suggestion was to use the Folder Browser to browse, locate and select the grouping of flac files for that title and NOT to select, enter, drag or try to use the CUE file in any way to verify the rip (other than to provide reference information that may be missing in the track files). The CUE file references the original Image file that you do not have. CUETools will NEVER find the Image file if you try to use the CUE and do not have the Image file.

Edit: Note: If you try to Input the entire folder, CUETools will process the entire folder which will include the CUE and the message about not finding the files.
korth

Reply #6
I just insert the cue and click on verify. If I drag and drop the songs I get the result from accuraterip with unknown artist. CRC matchs with every song in the log.

But I don't understand why cue is in image format. From the log it seems that they are extracted in tracks mode:

Reply #7
If I drag and drop the songs I get the result from accuraterip with unknown artist.
I don't know what you mean by "with unknown artist". The CUETools "accurip" log doesn't show artist information.
You should only need to drag Track 1 but you can highlight and drag all the tracks too if you wish.
But I don't understand why cue is in image format.
You'll need to discuss that with the site where the download was purchased.
korth

Reply #8
Uhm...I will try to get information about the rip. Thanks a lot Korth! ;)

Reply #9
Hi guys, I take this thread again because I have a similar problem again. I ripped a box set with 4 cd but I can't verify disc two and three with cuetools. I get the message "Unable to locate the audio files". Why?

EDIT: I solved. There was an invalid character in cue.