Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Facets (foo_facets) (Read 780963 times) previous topic - next topic

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #400
I really like the Facets component, but I can't seem to find a way to embed it within a Columns UI pane.  Any help? 
<3

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #401
no, because it's only availbale for DUI...

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #402
With columns UI, If I set the double-click action to "add to current playlist", the playlist focus will move to the items that were added by double-clicking. Is it possible to do the same with facets? If not, I would file this as a feature request.

Thanks!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #403
@MaCs
Its working for me as u r saying or may be i hvnt got what u meant. When i double click on facets items the contents go into the new playlist and focuses on the same.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #404
No, i am talking about the active playlist, not a new one. I want the focus to move to the end of the playlist, where the new items were added.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #405
@macs
hmmmm.... yeah cant find any way to do that. I tried sorting descending by custom list_index column but its not working.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #406
I seem to be experiencing a bug ever since updating from the old version to the rewritten 1.0 version.

I often like to sort my playlist by music last added to my library. For this I created a custom column with the pattern "$date(%last_modified%)". I know this doesn't exactly sort it to music last added to my library but instead when I last modified something in my library, but seeing as I rarely fix tags and stuff, it works pretty well for what I'm trying to do with it.

Anyway, clicking this column sorts the music chronologically, as one would expect. However, for some reason, within a minute this state will automatically reset itself so everything is out of order again. It's only when applying this state a second time that it actually sticks. This bug will appear every time I browse a new playlist or Facet selection.

The bugs presents itself in multiple versions of foobar (currently on 1.1.11). It was very clear it started occurring after I updated Facets, but I've also tried other versions of foobar to validate the problem, including versions I'm absolutely sure this didn't happen with. The problem did present itself in those versions with Facets 1.0.

I understand this would be a low priority bug, as it's caused by a custom column not everyone uses, but I would greatly appreciate it if a fix could be included in a future version of Facets.

Thanks for all the great work you do on this component. I can't imagine using foobar without it any more.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #407
I'd like to push this request:

There is one feature that i would really like if it's not too hard to implement. The ability to specify a playlist to send the files to on double-click or middle-click.
This would basically allow someone to easily send tracks on a predifined playlist that's reserved for playing tracks and not use the library selection playlist to actually play tracks as it tends to become messy when you then select other tracks to eg. tag them.

Frank, any chance we will see this someday?

What happens to me all the time is that a playlist is active and I forget to "write protect" it via playlist attributes.
Then I search for some other stuff with the search bar in facets and hit return and all the results are added to the playlist.

It would really help a lot to specify a playlist for each click / double click / middle click action like in quick search plugin (target playlist) or ESPlaylist (Behaviour > Specify Playlist name).

Oh, BTW: AWESOME PLUGIN! It is responsible for about 65% of all the fun using f2k.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #408
That's what i already do: i assigned double/middle click to add/send to facets playlist!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #409
Yes, but only if you have activated the facets playlist, right?
As soon as some other playlist is active you will send it to that one.

Or do you always send/add to a new playlist?

The point is: When I am about to make a new playlist and I'm looking for songs that fit, THEN I want the new songs added to the current playlist.
But the search shouldn't automatically add all results to that playlist.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #410
No, if that happens then you have assigned "add/send to current playlist".

Just go to prefrences, disable any action for single click, and for the rest  use "add/send to selection playlist"

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #411
Just go to prefrences, disable any action for single click, and for the rest  use "add/send to selection playlist"

Thanks, this is not exactly what I want but I think it will lead to good solution!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #412
Right.

This is the winning configuration I wanted:

Selection action: None
Double-click action: Send to selection playlist, play checked
Middle-click action: Add to current playlist, play not checked

This way I can add songs to a playlist (just have to ensure that it is active) and i got the double click option for the "Yeah! I gotta listen to this RIGHT NOW" moments without accidentally deleting something.

Thanks again q-stankovic!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #413
Does anyone have a problem with having album cover to show up on several albums?

YES.

When using Facets (and SimPlaylist), many of the cover images will not display.

But all of my cover images display perfectly in other cover or playlist viewers (in DUI and CUI).

( Just reporting the problem. Not asking for help with sorting the issue. )

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #414
Regarding the above post, I found two reasons why some covers will not display.

One case is when there is a duplicate track. Well, sort of duplicate. Sometimes I make an edited version of a track, for example to remove an unwanted long intro. The edited version has a different file path, file name, and a note about the edit in the %comment% tag.

Another case is when the cover image is only embedded in the first track of an album.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #415

New to FOOBAR2000 + forums.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #416
Not sure, but try setting the source (on the left side of filter) to library and see whether it works or not.

Edit: check facets settings selection action is set to default. may be is selected to none that could be the reason.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #417
It's simple: The two panes doesn't belong to one layout! you have two independent facets!
A new facets layout starts with three panes - you can add more if you need or you can remove some panes to have less or just one. You did the latter probably to achieve a special design but you just can have the panes vertically or horizontally orientated.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #418
It's simple: The two panes doesn't belong to one layout! you have two independent facets!
A new facets layout starts with three panes - you can add more if you need or you can remove some panes to have less or just one. You did the latter probably to achieve a special design but you just can have the panes vertically or horizontally orientated.

thanks man...you are correct.
New to FOOBAR2000 + forums.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #419
well sorry, i misunderstood the facet pointed by the yellow arrow with the playlist. 

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #420
Does anyone know how to get the artist column to always show one of the album covers? It seems to work correctly for artist that have only one album, but if I have more than one, it will be just blank.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #421
@freemanphd By default the facets compoment loads "front.jpg" from the folder. You can change this also to any other you want, like "back.jpg" "artist.jpg". So you need to add an cover image into the folder which is missing the image, and name it then front.jpg

Can someone help me here, how do i remove this Folder tab and have it like in the 2nd image (bottom one) without the tab.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #422
@alevkov thanks, but what i meant was if there was any way for it to show one of the covers embedded in the files itself. As I said, for artist that only have one albun, it correctly shows their embedded cover, but for artist that have more than one album, instead of showing one of them, it simply is blank

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #423
hey,
is it possible to turn off case sensitive filtering in facets?
i dont want to retag some of the mp3s just because its singer of the band and Singer Of The Band. (I know this is easy, but i just dont want to retag)

and: thanks q-stankovic for the "send to selection playlist", i actually wanted to post about this too :-)

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #424
replace %artist% with $caps(%artist%)