Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Not able to play wma files (Read 2802 times) previous topic - next topic

Not able to play wma files

I just downloaded foobar ver 0.9.2 and tried to play some wma files...
its errors out saying

"Unable to open item for playback (IWMSyncReader::OpenStream failed (C00D0BBD)):
"C:\My\Songs\Pink Floyd - The Wall ( Disc 1)\Pink Floyd - The Wall ( Disc 1) - Track 12 - Another Brick in the Wall III.wma"

Is there any plug-in available so that i can play wma files

Tx,
neo

Reply #1
You probalby had copy protection enabled when you ripped that CD with Media Player. In that case it will never work.

0.9.2 supports WMA natively, just tested it I wasnt sure either. Just not copy controlled ones

Reply #2
You probalby had copy protection enabled when you ripped that CD with Media Player. In that case it will never work.

0.9.2 supports WMA natively, just tested it I wasnt sure either. Just not copy controlled ones

but am able to play those wma files with Winamp or with RealPlayer......any ideas ???

Reply #3
Foobar doesn't support DRM protected WMA files.

Reply #4
I think only WMP can play these copy protected .WMA files
-foobar2000 + Burrrn + EAC
-HD 80Gb using High QualityVBR MP3s