Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: NEWBIE: Looking for Music Management & Player Recommendations (Read 3965 times) previous topic - next topic

NEWBIE: Looking for Music Management & Player Recommendations

Hello,

I am looking for a Music management and player software application that is similar in behavior to Calibre for ebooks.

In other words, I would like for the music app to store information about the music, AS WELL AS THE ACTUAL music tracks within the app itself.

For example in Calibre, if I have a folder that contains ebooks, when open the Calibre app and load a book into it, it will actually create a copy of the book for the app and renames it using its own naming convention, leaving my original ebook intact (so now I have two copies of the same book, and I can delete the original copy, since Calibre has its own). 

Are there any music application/playback apps that behave in this way? I have MediaMonkey and it does not seem to behave that way.

I would also like to store my music on a PC Server (Windows Server 2012) and play the music there over the network on at least 2 different PCs that share a network with the server. 

computer-girl

NEWBIE: Looking for Music Management & Player Recommendations

Reply #1
Hi computer-girl,

I'm afraid you probably haven't gotten any responses because there may not be an application that auto-copies your music once you point the application at it. It's quite possible to write a script that would do so, of course. Foobar2000 is almost infinitely configurable, but requires the user to do the configuring.