Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC error:detection mode not possible for drive (Read 6748 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC error:detection mode not possible for drive

For some reason, I get an error message "detection mode not possible for this drive" when I attempt to copy a cd from my sony drive with EAC: Sony CD-R CDU521. It will copy from my CDRW drive fine. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Reply #1
For some reason, I get an error message "detection mode not possible for this drive" when I attempt to copy a cd from my sony drive with EAC: Sony CD-R CDU521. It will copy from my CDRW drive fine. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I started getting this also.
I have a PX-708A and always used Detection Mode A and Secure.
Now A won't work.
It gives me that error.
B and C work but I heard A is accurate and B and C are not.

Reply #2
This is a pretty old thread, but I have a Sony CDU5221 and it works just fine.  Why was this originally posted to the Lossless Audio Compression forum?

I started getting this also.
I have a PX-708A and always used Detection Mode A and Secure.
Now A won't work.
It gives me that error.
B and C work but I heard A is accurate and B and C are not.
You can't always trust what you hear.  Different methods work better with different drives.  In general, one method is no more accurate than another.  The Red Book specification does not require that index data be included with every sector, so small differences between methods is completely normal and acceptable.