Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: File Filteria (free windows .net 2.0 app w. sourcecode) (Read 8083 times) previous topic - next topic

File Filteria (free windows .net 2.0 app w. sourcecode)

File Filteria is a tool for people with a lot of files. It's made for people who want a quick and easy way to find wanted files only by typing a part of the path/file name! Many times a day i need a certain file but i dislike the Windows Search and if one has got a lot of shared space on (lan) networks it is completely impossible to be productive with the built-in Windows Search. File Filteria creates its file index very quickly because it scans only for files and folders and ignores any file properties. Rapidly assemble a list or just open a file before wasting time finding it in the right folder. Always know where you have been searching before. Simply choose the tab with the needed search result. Optimal for crawling in your music collection.

What exactly is File Filteria
It is neihter a complicated 'WhereIsIt'-like application made for offline contents on cd/dvd and archiving of file properties, nor it is an 'Agent Ransack' which lacks an index. FF has some handy advantages over other programs. Those are mainly simplicity, easy of use and the free included c# source code.

Some features

* Have quick access to wanted files. Plain, easy, lightweight, simple, rapid and very useful.
    * Search results are filtered by search terms with adjustable accuracy; Inexact/Soundex (and), Substring (or), Substring (and), Exact match or 'Regular Expressions'.
    * One-time setup of folders and file types to search.
    * Multiple tabs show what you have been searching for before.
    * Multiple instances: Just create a separate program folder for each FF instance. e.g. one for music and one for videos or one for your mp3 player and one for your whole music collection
    * If you gonna use it for music files you can enable indexing of tracks (artist and title) within cue sheets.
    * Clipboard Monitoring. Will search for the text in Clipboard when FF becomes the active window.
    * File drag support to any application.
    * To simply open a file in windows explorer right click on it.
    * At any time you can add/remove folders and file types to scan or you can select existing folders to rescan.

File Filteria is completely free and safe; nothing gets changed on your system! See below for the complete c# 2.0 source code.
If you'd like to adjust the source code to fit your needs, you can download free microsoft .net 2.0 c# command line compilers.

File Filteria Homepage
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 is required to run the program.

Reply #1
you can easily collect files while searching for them; just drag them over to the 'dropbox' ™ 

Reply #2
Thanks, I'm using it. Very cool software.
We do need some way of knowing what remains to be sync'ed in a lossy / lossless collection.

Reply #3
Thanks, one "bug" on the interface.
I'm using "large fonts" (in windows) and the bottom row of buttons is covered by the tabs. If you could fix that it'd be great.

Thanks

Reply #4
Thanks, one "bug" on the interface.
I'm using "large fonts" (in windows) and the bottom row of buttons is covered by the tabs. If you could fix that it'd be great.

Thanks

thanks for the response (you can also use the feedback form at http://www.geocities.com/supertyp77/

edit:
now i restarted windows with 120 DPI instead of normal 96 DPI and isee what you talking about. (probably)
i'll see what i can do. stay tuned.

Reply #5
I wonder what program you all use? windows explorer? windows search? whereisit? or is there a better lightweight tool?

Reply #6
Thanks daybrain! It¨s an awesome little tool which helped me to search quickly in my archive.

Reply #7
there is a new version 1.41. With greatly reduced memory usage if you have got a lot search tabs with big result sets open.

please tell me if you know a similar search tool like File Filteria which uses a similar tab interface with the search results (like emule / soulseek). Need to know about it!

Reply #8
I guess that is pretty clever of a program. Trying it out just for S&G. I usually organize my files when I create them in a fairly intuitive layout for people... so I and others don't need to search for long. However I have backups of these files everywhere and I forget where the back ups and temps went.
OP can't edit initial post when a solution is determined  :'-(

Reply #9
Hi daybrain! Got some issues with File Filteria now. It allows me just one search and than reports some problems and forces me to quit the application. Where to sent you the details? here in this thread or PM?

Reply #10
I'm using File Manager (and CardFile) still ... pulled from NT4. Has worked in every flavor since including XP x64. Will have to try your utility soon.
No one can be told what Ogg Vorbis is...you have to hear it for yourself
- Morpheus

Reply #11
looks good, will try.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #12
Ahmet; i sent you instructions in pm. have you got them?

Xenno; thanks for your answer to my question!

smok3; post back!

FF works well but the code is far from perfect. At the moment i don't have time to extend FF but i'll fix bugs.
Let me know if it doesnt works. And please send me detailed information about any bugs.

Reply #14
Got a lot of files? Tired of wasting time finding the right folders and the wanted files? Don't like big complicated programs? Want a free and cute program with included source code to fit your needs? It's here!

File Filteria Home

This is a small tiny application for people with lot's of music, video or whatever files (which perhaps are scattered on different discs and folders).
For a quick and easy way to find wanted files only by typing a part of the path/file name! AND IT'S NOT JUST A STUPID INTERFACE DESKTOP SEARCH LIKE THE ONE IN RECENT WINDOWS RELEASES.
Rapidly assemble a list or just open a file before wasting time finding it in the right folder. Always know where you have been searching before. Simply choose the tab with the needed search result. Optimal for crawling in your music collection. Keyboard only control or with mouse.
And File Filteria creates its file index very quickly because it scans only for files and folders and ignores any file properties.
It is neihter a complicated 'WhereIsIt'-like application made for offline contents on cd/dvd and archiving of file properties, nor it is an 'Agent Ransack' which lacks an index. FF has some handy advantages over other programs. Those are mainly simplicity, easy of use and the free included c# source code.

Try it and experience the ease of use!

Reply #15
Can you try next time without doing advertising, please?

Also, why this new thread? Is it a new version? Which are the changes if any?  This is not a site about product news.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....amp;hl=Filteria

Reply #16
meanwhile GEOCITIES died and i couldnt edit my old thread.
so i requested (reported) a deletion of my old thread.
everything else ok?

and about advertising: if i see how most people search their files (music, video) ... well it's just horrible
the version history is so old ... i deleted it and will make a new from 1.5.2
1.5.2 will work with win7