Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lossless DVD-Audio burning program ? (Read 3806 times) previous topic - next topic

Lossless DVD-Audio burning program ?

Hello,
I’ve been using Cirlinca DVD-Audio solo (I think the original and cheapest version) for the past 10 years to archive music losslessly as DVD-Audio onto DVD discs, it’s worked perfectly until recently I’ve been trying to burn a bunch of 24/96 .WAV files onto Verbatim DVD+RDL (dual layer) discs and I’m getting some pauses and problems playing after the position believe the layer break would be at.
So I’m wondering if people could please recommend another program I could use to burn 24/96 .WAV’s to dual layer DVD keeping lossless, which would also handle layer break? I want to stress it’s important to keep the 24/96 files lossless.
Cirlinca DVD Audio Solo was so easy to use, I particularly liked how you could just put the DVD-Audio disc you made into your drive and rip each individual track/file straight back to your hard drive as .WAV completely unchanged from the original file you burned!, are there any other programs to do this?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Lossless DVD-Audio burning program ?

Reply #1
If Cirlinca DVD-Audio solo can create ISO disc image instead of writing directly to DVD disc, you can extract folders (AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS) from this ISO and then use ImgBurn to burn to DVD. ImgBurn is able to correctly set layer break postion for DL DVDs. Guide - http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/1780-how-to-write-dvd-video-files-directly-to-double-layer-media-using-imgburn/
I said to extract folder from ISO and burn from folders because i don't remember exactly if ImgBurn can set layer break postion if you burn from ISO and not from folders.
If you only play you discs on PC it is much easier to create data discs instead of DVDA.

Reply #2
I don’t think Cirlinca creates and ISO you can access, at least not the version I have, maybe later versions but you can’t downloaded Cirlinca anymore.
I know once you have burned a DVD-Audio to disc you can put the disc in your PC and open VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders on the DVD—Audio disc you’ve burned.
Would I be able to extract what need that way?, and then burn with IMgBurn?
If so what exactly do I need to look for in the folders?
Thank-You

Reply #3
I know once you have burned a DVD-Audio to disc you can put the disc in your PC and open VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders on the DVD—Audio disc you’ve burned.
Would I be able to extract what need that way?, and then burn with IMgBurn?
You can.
If so what exactly do I need to look for in the folders?
You need folders themselves with all content. Did you read guide that i give link to in previous post?

Reply #4
OK turns out my version of Cirlinca does write a FLAC folder on hard drive to .ISO on hard drive.
It's a button called "save only" which doesn't say anything about what it does or what type of file it saves as, can easily be overlooked!
I've written a FLAC folder to ISO then used IMG Burn to burn and then ripped the DVD-Audio disc to my HD, as well as ripped a DVD-Audio discs I burned the same files straight to DVD using Cirlinca, I created an .MD5 checksum for the songs off both discs and they're identical, so seems this works!
However when burning the ISO file it did not need to be burned to a dual layer DVD, even though when loading the FLAC files into Cirlinca it says it can't fit on a single layer disc as it's a mere 55MB too big!
I think the whole folder as FLACS was 2.59GB, and as WAV 4.16GB, which should fit on a single layer DVD-R but I guess the rest of the space is filled by "info" or something like that when Cirlinca burns DVD-Audio?, the ISO file Cirlinca created is 4.26GB, and IMG Burn burned it to a single layer disc, I don't understand technically what's happening but I'm sure everything is OK and there's no problem.... Ironic it burned to a single layer DVD considering the actual problem I was having was the disc not playing properly seemingly after where the layer break would be on the dual layer disc it insisted it had to write onto to have enough space!
Thanks for your suggestions/help!

Reply #5
cdrtfe might be worth looking at too.

Reply #6
Burn flac to DVD most DVD players will play flac.

Reply #7
Hello,As Cirlinca Disapear, any one knows if ther is a Similar Software ? I use to Burn with EAC to FLAC and after I burn with Cirlinca Solo a DVD Upsampling to 24-96.