Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WMA plugin (Read 4291 times) previous topic - next topic

WMA plugin

is there any WMA plugin for foobar available?

WMA plugin

Reply #1
link

WMA plugin

Reply #2
[deleted]

WMA plugin

Reply #3
You could also investigate Microsoft's site for the WMA/V DMO SDK, which is about a 300kB download. Of course, it lacks any examples of how to instanciate and use the WMA decoder DMO. Hence, why I didn't get far past installing it.

The documentation also points out a feature flag for decoding more than 2 channels and/or higher sample sizes than 16 bits, but that a capable decoder is only installed on Windows XP systems. (That, or the decoder disables these features on anything else. Seems more likely.)

WMA plugin

Reply #4
That post regarding smart questions should be entitled "How to Write a Well-Meaning Guide That is Regrettably Completely Ineffectual Due to its Length"

If you want there to be any chance of me (and by me, I mean everyone who is as impatient as I am or more so) reading it, you've got to make it 5 easy steps or less, or a few short paragraphs.

I'm not saying everyone shouldn't read that article, I'm saying that the people who are going to post dumb questions are the very same people who are not going to sit through 22 (!) pages of instructions about whether or not they should post a single sentence.  (and certainly not before they have already posted a dumb question and been told by 3 people to read the article!) Maybe the art of good question asking is so complex that it cannot be summed up in a single paragraph or 5 easy steps... but I don't think such comprehensive essay is really the most effective way of getting rid of the posts the more experienced users tend not to like.

And no, I don't have better instructions to put up ...but I'd be happy to try and write some.

stripe/ben