Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo scheduler (Read 6913 times) previous topic - next topic

foo scheduler

Being a newcomer to foobar2000 I've only just downloaded foo scheduler, however I was disapointed to (eventually) work out that this particular plugin is causing the media buttons involved with playback on my keyboard to stop working unless foobar is in focus - which of course limit their functionality somewhat

found the oldest version of foo scheduler I could, and it still doesnt work

I'm running XP and the keyboard in question is a logitech diNovo

Any ideas what could be going on?? The component is so useful, I'd hate to have to compromise on this one!

foo scheduler

Reply #1
As I don't have media buttons on my keyboard, I can't check the issue.
It seems strange to me because I don't do anything related to keyboard shortucts in the plugin, though.
Are you sure that if you just remove the plugin then the keys work fine?
Did you define the shortucts as global?

foo scheduler

Reply #2
Yeah it's pretty clear its that plugin, just installed it again to make sure, and yep - they stop working when not in focus.

The media keys dont actually need to be defined, I assume there's some kind of generic media player flags that windows has, as they work with Winamp, Windows Media Player, cyberlink DVD player, zoom player, realplayer, foobar (I'm sure the list could go but those were all I had at hand to test)... although it doesnt seem to work with the divx player.

In fact, the keys are actually undefinable, which kind of sucks.

foo scheduler

Reply #3
There's an option for "generic media keys" or something like that, AND a whole system for assigning global or local hotkeys, which also accepts those keys. I have disabled the first generic option and defined my own actions in the hotkey table.

You can even use modifiers, for example "Media" on my keyboard toggles Foobar's main window, and Shift+"Media" shuts it down. As it is the default player of my system, when it's shut down "Media" starts it up again.

I have a Logitech Ultra-X though.

foo scheduler

Reply #4
Yeah I think it must be different for my keyboard - the only customisability I have with the media keys I have is setting the media program. There are actually very few other hotkeys on the board, so having a whole table like you're describing would probably be a bit of overkill from logitech's point of view - although certainly not from mine

what I don't get is the frequency with which software companies assume that users will be happy with things the way the the company dictates - do they just completely ignore the portion of users to love to tweak the crap out of their systems?

foo scheduler

Reply #5
Hmm, I'm talking about the Keyboard Shortcuts section in Foobar's main Preferences. Have you tried that yet?

foo scheduler

Reply #6
I can confim this same behavior.  Though I havent tried all plugin combinatios yet.

Also using:
Columns UI
tab panel
Album List+Art
Trackinfo
Audioscrobbler

Got an logitech easy internet navigator plugged in to the ps/2. I've got itouch running with the players.ini fix for foobar.

All the media keys are assigned correctly in keyboard shortcuts. (but I cant reassagin/edit them any way)

foo scheduler

Reply #7
Hmm, I'm talking about the Keyboard Shortcuts section in Foobar's main Preferences. Have you tried that yet?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=308119"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

oh ok. yeah I've looked there....but what do you mean by the "generic media keys option," all I can see is the multimedia keys listed in the list of all assigned shortcuts - that don't seem to be able to be changed

foo scheduler

Reply #8
You can delete them, and make new ones, I have a keyboard from Microsoft with mediakeys and mine works just fine  (Remember to set the hotkeys as global)

foo scheduler

Reply #9
-sorry- this is in reference to the bug in this plugin

ok you can get around this, by closing itouch, either ctrl+alt+del the process, and you can enter when your press the play/pause your will get a you should see a play/pause (mm) and you can then set them to global, it seems the conflict lies with foo_schedule and itouch, if any has older version of itouch and see if it gets rid of the program....then please do try, but other then that, if you barely use itouch or dont care if you have it, uninstall it.......and you can manually do the keys.........

if you manually add the keys, into foobar, and then start itouch again it will not fix the problem so either itouch or foo_schedule goes.......

foo scheduler

Reply #10
..... so either itouch or foo_schedule goes.......
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=362008"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I ended up getting rid of itouch, I don't really use the other keys that much and I can live with the inbuilt mouse wheel only doing 1 line.  There's bound to be some apps out there that allow you to map the extra keys to programs/action so I'd try going for the 3rd party route.

foo scheduler

Reply #11
girder from what I hear - oh btw I did the following remove_fooschedule, then the registry edit so that foobar 2000 is in my media list, and in my players.ini, put foo_schedule into my components folder and voila it works........

Code: [Select]
foobar2000=wac,foobar2000.exe,{E7076D1C-A7BF-4f39-B771-BCBE88F2A2A8},xxx,xxx,X,C,V,Z,B,0,1,Foobar2000

btw that class is just what I found foobar to be but I am sure you can use,
foobar2000=key,foobar2000.exe,FOOBAR2000_CLASS,xxx,xxx,C,X,Z,xxx,V,0,1,Foobar2000

and then the registry edit I used is as follows

call this foobar2000.reg just make it in not pad......I got this from aka
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\foobar2000.exe]
"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\foobar2000\\"
@"C:\\Program Files\\foobar2000\\foobar2000.exe"

^^ btw edit your paths use the \\, this doesnt work properly dunno how to change the code to fix it but run regdit, naviagate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\foobar2000.exe

you will see that (default) key is empty double click and enter your path mine was C:\Program Files\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe in the value data, leave value name blank and presto media key should work and I have no problems with my keyboard shortcuts.....

exit and media button will work.....and this setup lets me run itouch and foo_schedule!

foo scheduler

Reply #12
For users with Logitech keyboards, you should install SetPoint and then install uberOptions (link1 / link2 / infos). This allows you to add a combination of keys to any mediakey of your keyboard. Meaning you can set the "Web" key to press ctrl+alt+X, then add ctrl+alt+X in your foobar shortcuts. And well it's a valuable addon anyway. For others you can try using Girder which is very powerful.

Re: foo scheduler

Reply #13
what about foo_scheduler for foobar2000 v2.x?
QC, QA